Sunday, 22 June 2014

June 2014 Glossybox

I love when this box gets delivered every month. its a box full of surprises as you never know what you are going to receive. I have loved the last few boxes that I have been sent. Granted in the past there have been a couple of boxes where I didn't care for some of the products as they either weren't something I was going to use or just colours I would never wear. But that's going to happen with any monthly subscription service you sign up to.

To be honest, when I opened the lid and looked in the box, my heart did sink a little but the more I picked each of the products up and read a little more about them the more I started to like them.
This was the array of products that was in this months box. See, just by looking with a quick glance they do seem a little boring, nothing jumped out at me as something I really wanted. So first to be discussed a little is the Nail Girls 3 in 1 base/top coat and nail strengthener
I never normally wear a base/top coat. Yes, I know I should but I have not got time to put on a base coat, wait for that to dry, apply two layers of polish, wait for that to dry, then apply the top coat, then wait for that to dry. I'm just not a patient girl, and I'm busy so need to apply my choice of colour fast and then spray with the Elegant Touch rapid dry spray (which I adore) and I'm good to go.Also, it states that this product costs a whopping £13.50!!!! Now to me I can't justify that price point and so would not repurchase this, but it will be a nice addition to have in my nail polish wardrobe.

Now onto the second item in the box the Teez Trend Cosmetics Beautiful Flat Stiff brush

Look at the beautiful pattern on the handle on the brush. So pretty and eye catching. The bristles are so soft to, even though it is described as a flat stiff brush, it doesn't feel that way to me. It applies my eye shadows like a dream and I have been using it for 5 -6 days and it is such a lovely brush to use. I am so happy I was sent this, and it costs 19 Euros to purchase, so that covers the entire price of the Glossybox. Love this product.

Next up out of the depths of the box is a totally new product which i haven't ever heard of the product or the brand before. It is the Embellize Novex Brazilian Keratin
After reading the leaflet in the box, this explains that it is a deep hair conditioning treatment, that you can apply to the hair and allow it to sit there for 15 minutes and then rinse. Or, if like me, you can just use it in place of your daily conditioner. I've only used it a couple of times and so can't comment yet whether it is a really good product or not, but I will definitely keep you all updated.

The second to last item is a concealer quad by the brand So Susan. This is another brand I had never heard of.


The shades in the palette look great for people with a deeper skin tone, but I'm guessing with the white shade you can tone down the other concealer colours to make a shade that would match your specific requirements. It can also be used as a cream contour kit, so I will definitely be trying that out and seeing if I can get the shades to work for me whilst contouring. The leaflet says that it gives a full coverage application and that is definitely something I need with my awful dark circles and so look forward to trying this out. It is priced at £20, so not a cheap product but certainly not high end either.

And last, but not least there was a fragrance by Roger & Gallet called Fleur De Figuier Eau Fraiche Fragrance. Again, never heard of this brand and has fruity and floral scented notes to it, and is supposed to remind you of walking through a Meditteranean garden.
For me, when opening the bottle, I instantly didn't like it due to the fact that it does not have a spray diffuser on it. It is one of those bottles where you are supposed to tip it against the pad of your fingers and then dab it gently onto the sides of your neck and the insides of your wrist. But for me, I just end up spilling it and put far too much on and then waste half of the product. Also, the scent is just not my type of fragrance. I prefer much sweeter smells and so I may give this to my mom to enjoy ad she likes those fruity/floral perfumes.

Well, that is my review of this months Glossybox. Did you receive any of these products too and what are your thoughts on them. Let me know in the comments below.

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...