Sunday, 22 June 2014

OOTD#8 Going Greek 22/6/14

I don't know why, but I'm really trying to buy more new clothes. I think it is far too easy to get stuck in a rut comfort wise, especially when you are a larger girl like myself. Ever since becoming ill, the weight has been piling on and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. So I have been living in sweatshirts and joggers and not really bothering, only with my make up.

But the more blogs I read and the more videos I watch, the more I have been inspired to go out and buy nice new tops and so in this post, this is the new top I purchased from Grattan. It is gorgeous and so comfy and lightweight, which is great on these warmer days we have been having (YAY to sunshine). I have fallen in love with the split style sleeves and this is the second top I have bought in this style. (See last OOTD).
I think the split sleeves gives quite a plain, simple look, a little jazz and you can easily wear this as a casual look, as I have done in this post with some nice black jeggings. Or you could dress it up with some smart black trousers, a floaty scarf and some gold jewellery, and have a perfect outfit for a night on the town.
See how by adding the gold jewellery, it would tie in with the gold buttons on each of the sleeves and in the beautiful detailing on the collar of the top.
To me, this top really reminds me of the Ancient Greeks and the Romans when they used to wear the white long togas, with the gold headdresses, and that is what inspired me to call this post "Going Greek"

This next photo shows me wearing the top whilst having a nice meal.
I really hope that you have enjoyed this post. Let me know if you enjoy seeing my OOTD's or shall I just stay with beauty talk, tell me in the comments below, as I always love to hear what you have to say.

Love and Hugs

6 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty and unique top, I love the neck of this it's like you have a necklace attached :) you look lovely too..
    www.zoloriri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. It does look like it has a necklace attached. Love a little glitz and glam.

      Delete
  2. I love it girl!!!! And u look absolutely beautiful in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look! That top is seriously awesome. As well as that, with it being white and all, it totally looks greek. You look awesome ^.^

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/06/top-10-reasons-why-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...