Monday, 16 June 2014

Some Maybelline goodies

As much as I rant about my job. I do truly love the fact that I am very lucky to work with the stuff that I love so much, i.e Make up and cosmetics. Part of my daily job is to tidy and fill the stands, order new stock when required and putting out new displays when the offers change over. The offers change every 4 weeks, and so that is when a lot of the new products that brands are launching, get put out in store.

Very rarely do I get any free products to test myself, and so when Maybelline last week sent in a folder of new things for me to try I was very excited. I was very lucky that I only had the mascara in my collection already, and so all the other items are brand new to me, LOVING IT,lol.

The first thing that caught my attention straight away was the blush and bronzer, as I have never seen Maybelline do anything like this before. Such a pretty pattern embossed on top of the blush and bronzer. Almost seems a shame to swirl the brush in it, because of ruining the pattern.
The blush is such a pretty coral shade and just perfect for Summer.

Next out was the infamous Superstay lipstick. I had had one of these many moons ago, but had never felt the need to repurchase, and so this will be nice to see of it is still as nice as it was when I first purchased it.
The liquid lipstick has a gorgeous subtle shimmer to it and is perfect for a neutral lip look.It is #170 and in the shade Amber Allure. This is supposed to stay on 24 hours. I'm not really sure why anyone would want a lipstick to stay on 24 hours. I know I wouldn't.

Oh how I love nail polish. I was so excited when I saw this shade.

This is going to look just fabulous on the toenails, when I'm wearing my summer sandals. Also, I think this particular shade will make your feet look more tanned than they actually are.
As I said earlier, the mascara I already own in my collection but this version is in Waterproof Black and so this will be great as a back up when my original runs out. I don't tend to buy waterproof mascaras as I find them so hard to remove at the end of the day, but it will be interesting to see if I have any problems with this one.

Last of all was the 14 hr Megawatt lipstick in Burst Of Coral.

To be truthful, I had always assumed these were lip glosses, because of the packaging, but they are actual lipsticks, and I think I am really going to enjoy wearing this colour over the next few months.

I love that Maybelline have sent this in for me to try and it is nice that they think of the people who work in the stores selling their products. I have been doing this for 5 years in this particular store and this is the first time, I have ever received anything like this, so I'm really excited about it.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Let me know in the comments if you like Maybelline products and if you have already tried any of the products that I have shown you today.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...