Thursday, 19 June 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag

Now all of you must know how I am a sucker for any tag posts that are going around our little blogosphere and so I saw this one on BeautyBy Holliana's blog a couple of weeks ago and just knew I had to do it. Its a long post, so go grab yourself some snacks, a cup of your favourite beverage, and just sit back and have a good old read of my answers all about the life of a beauty blogger.

1) Is your hair naturally straight or curly?
It is naturally curly. All my life I have had poker straight hair. Even in the 90's when perms were all the rage, I tried to have a tight spiral perm, but my hair was that straight, after a day all the curls dropped out. But ever since I had Daniel my hair has gone really wavy and curly, where now I have to use straighteners on it if I want a straight haired look.

2)What is your natural hair colour?
Mousy light brown (now with hints of silver lol).

3) Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I dye it myself,I'm not very good at it but it is so much cheaper than going to a hairdressers to have my hair coloured.

4)How often do you wash your hair?
Every day without fail. Otherwise my hair is that oily it looks terrible.

5)Do you wear the same style everyday or change it?
I change it a lot, nearly a different style every day.

6) Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I am very simple with my nails and so just tend to do plain nails myself in the comfort of my own home. (I'm no good with nail art as I suffer with my nerves and so have very trembly hands.)

7) How often do you change your nail polish?
I normally change it every other day as I work in a very manual job and so the colours get chipped very easily and I hate the chipped look and like them to look nice and smart all the time.

8)Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer?
No, I polish them all the time. I stick to mainly red or dark burgundy on my toes.

9) How long does it take you to put on your make up?
Ten to fifteen minutes depending on the look I am going for.

10)What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Again it depends on my look I am going for. If it is a dark smoky eye, I will do my eyes first. So that if there is any fallout and I need to clean up, then I can do it without ruining my foundation and concealer. But if it just a nude simple eye then I will do my foundation first.

11)Do you "collect" make up or just buy what you need when you need it?
I am definitely a collector of make up. I have a LOT of make up, but it is what I love doing. I love to see what the brands are coming out with and adding to my collection. I am trying to be better about being more selective with what I buy, but when it is pretty colours or glittery and sparkly, I just know that I have to add it to my stash.

12)How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never. I think they look beautiful on other people and really wish I could wear them, but I just worry that I would apply them wrong and end up with either glue in my eye or the lashes would fall off halfway through the day and I'd end up looking like a right idiot.

13) Do you do a full face of make up every day?
Nearly every day, yes I do. I believe that it is important to look your best at all times, and portray yourself the best way you can. I feel more confident with my make up on and so I wear it all the time.

14) Do you wear make up when you are home alone or with family?
Yes, (see above)

15) Will you leave the house without make up?
No, I try not to.

16)How many high end products do you have?
I have a LOT. I would say over 30 definitely.I have got a lot more into high end stuff lately, and so am adding to my high end collection  more regularly.

17)How often do you wash your make up brushes?
I spot clean them every day, but deep clean them every 2 weeks.

18)Do you plan your OOTD or decide when you are getting dressed?
When I get up in the morning definitely, because of the weather. A lot of the time, even though it is supposed to be summer, I don't think Mother Nature knows and so I am still wearing long sleeved tops because I feel the cold so much.

19) How often do you change your handbag?
Hardly ever. I'm quite different to most girls who buy handbags every other week. I only buy a new handbag if my old one breaks. Quite boring and traditional in that respect.

20) What time do you get up and go to sleep?
I get up at 5.45 every day to get ready and get Daniel up for school, and then to go to sleep, it tends to be between 9 and 10pm as I get very tired easily.

21)How often and when do you workout?
I never workout and that isn't through me being lazy it is because I suffer with AS and Fibromyalgia that I just cant do exercises or walk very far.

22) Left handed or right handed?
Right handed, although Daniel is left handed.

23)How tall are you?
I am tiny compared to most people and am just 5ft 0ins. Daniel will be taller than me soon.

24)Do you speak a foreign language?
No although I learnt a little Spanish and French in school.

25)How many pets do you have?
I have 2 gold fish and they are called Andy and Harry.

26)How often are you on Blogger?
Everyday. If I am not writing a blog, I like to keep a track of all my viewings and so check every evening.

27)Do you read the comments posted on your blog?
Yes definitely, and I try to reply to everyone who is kind enough to comment on a post. It is lovely to read peoples comments whether they are positive or negative because both help in their own way, and helps me to develop more as a blogger.

28)Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes, definitely. I have lists upon lists. I have lists or products that I want, lists of products that i am trying out and lists of products that I have written and blogged about.

29)How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, I knew I wanted to write my own blog and because I have had so many changes in the story of my life, that this would be a new beginning and experience for me and so "A New Chapter" just seemed to fit my blog perfectly.

30)What kind of camera do you use to take your photographs?
I use the camera on my phone which is the Samsung Galaxy Note, and I think it produces really lovely photos.

31)How often do you clean your house?
I try to do a little every day, and then the mess doesn't accumulate and it is easy to keep on top of.

32)What is your favourite colour?
At the moment, I would say it was purple. I go through phases, one minute it's pink, then it's blue and now its purple. Its mainly those three colours all the time.

33)What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I don't really buy a lot of magazines but when I have done in the past, I have enjoyed Elle and Grazia.

34)Do you swear?
Yes. I will admit I do. I know it is not ladylike at all, but I have just fallen into a bad habit, and I am going to really try and stop myself from doing it in the future.

35) What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Well, today I have had to ring in sick at work as I had some Dental work done yesterday and I'm in a lot of pain with it, so probably just resting. My partner is taking my little boy swimming and then that's it for my day.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this, and let me know in the comments if you do this on your blog, so I can pop over and read your answers too.

Love and Hugs

1 comment:

  1. Nice tag! I think it's awesome that you blog so often, by the way. I am like you - I buy one handbag and stick to it until it breaks. I can't afford to buy a new one every week even though I am craving a new one at the moment. It will have to wait! Liked the idea of plain nails, and that your hair style constantly changes. It's always good to have new styles in there ;)

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/06/top-10-reasons-why-i-read.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...