Thursday, 31 July 2014

Have you tried Seventeen's Shimmer Brick?

You may well know, if you have been a reader of mine for a while, that I do love my high end products, but on the other side of the coin, if I can get a bargain of a product that has the quality of a high end product, I will definitely keep it and review it for you.

Now, even though I work for the company that owns the brand Seventeen (formerly known as 17), I really have not ventured that far into the range, because I used to think that if it was cheap then it was probably no good. But I am very pleased to say that this beauty of a product has totally changed my mind on this. I love cheek products at the moment, and have really been into bronze cheeks and eyes and even my nails have been shades of bronze too. I think it is just the perfect sunny, summery weather that really lends well to tanned golden make up, and that is why I felt the urge to try this little product out.

Seventeen call it a shimmer brick, and it comes in two colours, either Pink Bronze or Gold Bronze. I opted for the pink tone as I thought it would look good to be used as blush too.
It is a definite shimmer product. So if you don't like glitter and gleam, then do not get this product because each strip is full on shimmer. I love the fact that it is such a multi use product, it can be used as a blush, a bronzer, a highlighter and even an eye shadow palette. So really you have 7 different products for the earth shatteringly low price of £4.99!!!!! That is so much a bargain that I struggle to get my head around it. You can use the different strips to create the different looks or you could just get a stippling brush and swirl it around in the four different strips to create just one colour to sweep onto the cheeks.

The powder is buttery soft and glides onto the skin so easily, there is no drag, and they are so pigmented, with the swatches you will see below, that was only one sweep through with my finger and there was plenty of product on.

Aren't the colours just so pretty, and with such pigmentation and such versatility for a fantastic price, I really cant see how you can go wrong. I am so thrilled that I purchased this and will have it in my collection for a long time I feel. Another thing that just came to me is the ease of taking this on holiday with you. It is in a plastic case and is very light and quite compact and so would not take up much room in anyone's make up bag.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this post, and really recommend you checking this little gem of a product out.

Till next time,


1 comment:

  1. I think Seventeen are bringing out some fantastic products at the minute :) it's the first stand I go to now in Boots xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...