Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Makeup Geek Haul No 2

My love for Makeup Geek products just gets more and more every time I order more from them. I first bought from them a few months back, and I have really enjoyed using them, the eye shadows are so pigmented and buttery smooth, that they just make applying the shadows just so simple and easy.

So, when I heard that Marlena ( the founder of Makeup Geek), had released some new shades I knew I just had to have them.


The first shade I chose was Barcelona Beach. It looks very deceptive in the pan, as it seems quite a deep dark brown shade but when swatched, it comes out more as a taupe/grey shade with some shimmer to it. I do like shimmery shadows as they can give the look some depth and dimension.


Oh my goodness, will you just check out that colour. I am totally in love with the shade Rockstar, it is just beautiful. In different lights, it looks different colours, sometimes Silver, sometimes, Taupe, sometimes Champagne, I just love and totally recommend everyone getting this colour.


Homecoming is a lovely chocolate brown shimmer which looks lovely as a stand alone shade used swept along the entire eye lid, or as an outer V shade to deepen the look, or if you wet the brush and applied it, it would look stunning as an eye liner.


Again, this is another shimmery shade. I think I am into my shimmers and shines this summer, although they do look so pretty when the sunlight catches them. Cinderella, is a peachy warm shade and if used sparingly you could use it as a little bit of a highlighter too. Don't you just love multi use products?

Now, this last eye shadow is way out of my comfort zone, but I thought why not and when you see the photos you will see why.


This colour reminds me so much of the ocean and the name is just perfect for it "Mermaid". I think to get used to this colour, I may just wear it as a liner first, and then when I am a little braver I may go for a full eye look. Well, if you cant wear turquoise blue in the summer months, when can you?

I am just so happy with the shades I have picked, and I have since heard that Makeup Geek have launched some new blushes and have eye liners too. So may well venture into that area of the brand as well. I know it is all made in the USA and we have to wait for a little while for them to be shipped and for us to receive them, but when they are this great of a quality, I really don't mind.The only drawback is that I have to pay extra because of customs charges, as if you spend over so much then they have to include a charge, but it is a small negative and so would not put me off from purchasing from them.

I really, truly recommend this brand, and if you have never heard of them, you should definitely check the website out and see if there is something that takes your fancy.

Well, that is all for now. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if there are brands that you really love, that you feel just don't get enough praise.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. Zoe,
    I love this post. Makeup Geek eye shadows look amazing. Rockstar looks gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely lovely. Glad you enjoyed it xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...