Wednesday, 23 July 2014

The British Tag

Hi everyone. I hope you have all had a lovely day. Here in Birmingham it has been gloriously sunny and a scorching 28 C. When the weather is really beautiful as it has been over the last few weeks, it reminds me how our country really is such a lovely place to live and why I love being British. So, on that note, I thought I would do the tag, that has been doing the rounds lately, which is The British Tag. I saw this on Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholders blog, and although she had not tagged me in it, I feel sure that she would not mind me writing about it on my blog page.

1) How many cups of tea do you have in a day? How many sugars?
I'm not a very big tea drinker and so only tend to have 1 or 2 cups at the most, and I have to have 2 sugars in it. Yes, I know it is bad for me, but I have a very sweet tooth.

2) What is the favourite part of your roast dinner?
It definitely has to be the roast potatoes. I love them, the crunchier the better.

3) What are your favourite biscuits?
I like Custard Creams the best, although they do tend to fall apart if you dunk them in your tea for too long.

4) What is my favourite British past time?
I'm not quite sure to be honest as to how to answer this question, but I guess eating strawberries and cream in the summer would count as one of my favourite things to do in the British Summer.

5) What is your favourite part of Britain?
Although I have not been there for many years, it would have to be London. I just love everything to do with the Royals, I love all the palaces, and the architecture, and the history, and would love to go there shopping, especially in Harrods. That would be one to tick off my bucket list, if I could go shopping there. I haven't been to London in 17 years, and so need to go back and soon.

6)What is your favourite British holiday?
That would be Wales. I love the countryside, and the beaches. It is just so peaceful and lovely. We used to go when we were children, and I just have the most amazing memories from those times.

7) What is your favourite British sweet?
Oh my goodness, this is a hard question to answer. I love sweets and so this is a toughie. Maybe Rhubarb and Custards, or Pineapple Rock, oh the list is endless. I could be here all night choosing.

8)What would your pub be called?
I think it would be, "The Black Rose", that sounds pretty traditional doesn't it?!?

9) Who is your No.1 favourite British person.
Queen Elizabeth definitely. I just think she is the most wonderful person, full of grace, dignity, and elegance. She has ruled this country for so long, and I just think she is so inspirational.

10) What is your favourite British coastline?
I can't answer this question as I really do not know.

11) Who is your favourite British Artist?
I am going to think of this question that they are asking about musical artists, and my answer would be Elton John. He is amazing, his music is just timeless and the songs from the 70's still sound as relevant today as they did back then. Plus the amount he does for charity is immense.

12) What is your opinion on Marmite?
I like it. I could not eat lots and lots of it. But Marmite on toast is really nice.

Well, that is the end of the tag. I hope you have enjoyed reading my answers and I tag everyone reading this to either do the post on your own blogs, or if you don't write blogs, then leave me some of your answers in the comments below.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...