Friday, 11 July 2014

True Love's Kiss

Now, to be fair when I first heard that Angelina Jolie was going to be starring in Maleficent, I was gutted and it really put me off from going to see the film. I love Disney films, and slowly but surely I really want to start collecting all of them on dvd. I think they are just classic that the whole family can watch, and they never cease to amaze me, that even the oldest ones still have the ability to captivate the youngsters of today.

So, a few weeks back, me and my partner decided that we would go and watch Maleficent just to see if it was any good. Now I wont ruin it in case you have not seen the film but it is soo good, and you have to go and see it as it will totally change the way you think about Sleeping Beauty, and its storyline. Angeline Jolie, totally surprised me with the way she portrayed Maleficent, and in this case really proved to me that she can act and act bloody well. All the other films I had seen her in, she was just so wooden and unbelieveable, but this film she excelled in.

One of the things I loved about Maleficent was her make up and the way she dressed and the thing that stood out to me the most was her lipstick. It was gorgeous, and because of my love for a red lip, as soon as I knew Mac were doing a Maleficent lipstick, I just had to have it and it did not let me down.

Let's start off with the packaging. It is as usual, the classic black packaging, just glossy rather than the matte effect that it normally is. Then, you have the outline of Maleficent's wings in dark grey. Just stunning as is usual with Mac's limited edition items. I love the name of it "True Love's Kiss" and the colour is a beautiful striking red. It definitely has a hint of raspberry to it and the lipstick just glides onto the lips. Unlike the other shades of red lipsticks that Mac does, which can definitely be a little difficult to apply as they are so dry and you literally have to drag at the lips to apply any of the colour, i.e Ruby Woo.

The lipstick does have a slight sheen and shimmer although once worn, you cant really see this.It is a an amplified shade, and so this means that the colour definitely is intensified and is by no means sheer in any way. I absolutely love this colour and have received  many compliments every time I have worn it.  It cost me £15.00 when I purchased it, and I have seen it on their website quite recently, so hopefully you will still be able to purchase it if you want to.

If you have not yet been able to see Maleficent then I highly recommend you do, as it is fantastic and you won't regret it. I hope you have enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments below if you have seen Maleficent and what you thought of it.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...