Sunday, 6 July 2014

Why be so rude?

Hi everyone, I am sorry I have been missing from my blog for a few days. Its just that I have been having a few problems and the one problem just made me so worried and upset that I just felt like going into hiding, and never coming back out again. If you don't like moaning and ranting then this may not be the blog for you to read. But this is my little blog space and is all about my likes, my passions and what worries and upsets me, and so I just may feel better for discussing it all here with you.

As you may know, 3 years ago, my then husband walked out and left me and my son. Since then I have been trying to get to grips with paying bills and sorting them all out. Well, I have been purchasing a TV licence every year without fail, but my Moneyway advisor told me that it would be better for me to pay for my TV Licence through a direct debit instead of how I normally pay, a cheque. So, he set that up for me and I thought everything was going to be fine and dandy, and that it was straight forward.

Then on Friday afternoon, I was going through my post and saw a letter from the TV Licence people, I opened it up and it said that I would not be allowed to have a direct debit  because the licence was under my ex husbands name. Now, I had always been told, that it did not matter whose name was on the TV licence, as it covered the property that it was listed for. So, I rang up and spoke to someone and instantly he was really offhand and rude and quite threatening. I explained that what I needed to do was to change the name on the licence to my own. He said he could not do that as I was not the account holder, but I explained I had been paying the bill for the past 3 years and he said it did not matter I had had an invalid licence and I, GET THIS!!! could be prosecuted for not owning a valid licence, and that I could be fined over a £1000.

I was absolutely shocked that he was threatening me with this. Then he said that I would need another licence at £145, which I have not got as I only purchased the last one 2 months ago. I said I was not prepared to do this as I believed that my property was covered with the TV Licence and he said no it wasn't and I needed to be better educated on the ways a TV Licence worked. How rude and unhelpful. I felt belittled and ashamed and scared that this person would not help me in anyway.

So, I came off the phone, had a good cry and had to phone my ex husband (something I really hate doing) and had to ask for his help. So, I composed a letter, explaining the situation that my ex husband now relinquishes everything to do with the account and wanted it put in my name. I got my ex husband to sign it, and hopefully this awful man and my problem will now be sorted and all over.

I just wish all businesses were just a little more friendly and not so "we are the big people and you are just scum of the earth". Because I'm sure there is no need to be aggressive and frightening to customers ringing up and asking for help. If they just put themselves in the customers position, then I'm sure everything would be a much nicer situation, and easier to handle.

I hope you all didn't mind me writing about my problems, if you would rather I didn't include them on my blog then i will refrain from doing any of these "chatty type" blogs in the future.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...