Sunday, 31 August 2014

August 2014 Empties

This month has not been very good for using things up. I guess that is a good thing in the long run, as I am getting more use out of my products, but when you are trying to reduce the amount of old things down in my collection, it seems to be taking me forever.
This L'Occitane shower gel, was beautiful. I really enjoyed using it, and if I hadn't already got lots of shower gels already to use up, I would definitely go out and repurchase it. It smelt of cherry blossoms, and was so sweet smelling that it left the bathroom and upstairs of my house smelling beautiful. It lathered up really well, and so you felt like you only had to use a tiny amount to shower with.
A relatively new product onto the dental market is this Cavity Protection mouthwash. It was on special offer at the store where I work, and so I thought I would try it out to see how good it was. Overall I really liked it, and would purchase it again. I did find that it left a sort of thin layer over your teeth, mouth and gums, straight after you used it, but I think that was to help with protecting your teeth from the cavities.
You will find the Elegant Touch spray raved about in many of my previous blogs, and probably in many of my future blogs too. I love it so much. It speeds up the drying time of your nail polish, and so, if you are often in a rush like myself, I have not got the time, to sit there and wait for my nail polish to dry, after painting my nails, I spray a little bit of this on each nail, wait 5 minutes and your nail polish is bone dry  so that you can carry on with your daily routine.
Another brand favourite of mine, is the can do no wrong in my eyes, Soap and Glory. This is their body scrub and it is lovely. Now, last year you would not have found me using any scrub like products but I have been experimenting with different ones, and I have found that I am beginning to like them a lot more. This one does not have huge exfoliating beads, and it does not hurt when you use it. I often find that the granules in some scrubs can feel too harsh as if you are scratching away a whole layer of skin whilst you are showering. But this is very gentle, but at the same time, you know your body is clean and any rough areas are feeling a lot smoother.
This toothpaste is great and really does whiten your teeth I think. I have noticed a difference as I drink a lot of herbal teas and coffee and so gradually over time, the slight staining does appear, and so this has helped get my teeth a little whiter.
For me, this shower gel was nice but a huge let down. The product just will not come out of the packaging. At first, it was fine, but the more I used the harder it was to get it out. I even left it standing upside down to try and get the product out, but that didn't work either. The smell of it was gorgeous, as I love anything associated with grapefruit, so I was disappointed that I could not use more of it, so needless to say I wont be repurchasing the Bayliss and Harding shower gels.
This YSL serum was nice and I did a first impressions blog about it last week, but there was hardly any product in there and so could not really get enough product to cover my whole face, which was a little disappointing because if there is not enough product you cannot gain a full opinion about it.
At last, a make up item that I have used up. The L'Oreal gel matic liner was okay but, when you span the casing round to release more of the liner, every time you went to put the liner on your eye, it just retracted straight back up into the pencil. So you could not use it for very long, as one part would be an okay line on your eye and then it would fade into nothing because you couldn't get the gel pencil to come back down out of it's casing. So, that is another product I would not repurchase, as I have found better eye liners on the market than the L'Oreal one.

Well, that is this months empties. How have you managed in using up products? Let me know in the comments below.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...