Friday, 22 August 2014

Blogger 2014 Challenge : The Perfect Pairing

I apologise in advance for the state of the Sleek compact. Just like Mac and Nars packaging, once you get marks on them, they just do not come off, which really upsets me as I like to keep my make up and packaging clean and looking nice. As part of the 2014 Bloggers Challenge, our next topic was to come up with two things that make the perfect pairing, this could be anything from clothes, to food, but me being obsessed with everything beauty, I have decided to base my post on an eye shadow palette and lipstick that look fantastic when worn together.

The palette I chose was the Sleek Au Naturel palette. I love it for being able to do really natural barely there looks, or deep, dark smokey looks.


I have been using this palette a lot,and love that you can be so flexible about the looks you can create.  The golden shade is one of my faves to use in the crease and blend out any other colours. All the shadows are extremely soft and buttery smooth to apply. With the darker shades I will say you do get quite a lot of fall out, but that is fine with me as I just wait till after I have applied my eye shadows to do my face make up so that I can clear any powder away. Below are the swatches.

At first glance you may think that the dark shades are virtually the same shades of brown, but they aren't. One has an olive green undertone to it, one has a grey, and another even has a hint of purple to it. This Sleek palette you can find online or in Superdrug stores and is priced at a fantastically reasonable £7.99 for 12 shadows which will last you a long time.

The lipstick I love to wear with it, comes from totally the opposite end of the spectrum price wise, and that is the Tom Ford lipstick in Spanish Pink.



I love this lipstick so much. The packaging is simply stunning, and the lipstick is so smooth and creamy to apply, it really does feel like you are wearing an expensive product. The colour does have a hint of peach to it, and so would go with most looks as it is such a neutrally shade. The colour pops if you are wearing a very natural, barely there eye look, or it can look quite a nude lip look if you are wearing a deep, dark smoky eyed look. It is just so adaptable, and I definitely encourage everyone to try this colour out. I will admit, it is not the cheapest of lipsticks, retailing at £37.00 and you can buy them on line, or at John Lewis stores or Selfridges. So, it just shows that inexpensive make up and more luxury brand names can be worn together and create a stunning look.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments below if you have tried any of the products and what you think of them.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog, and great pictures too :)

    I’m following you on Blog Lovin, please follow me back :)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Just popped over to your blog and followed you back xx

      Delete
  2. Love the eyeshadow pallete it would be perfect for school

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous eye shadow palette. Great neutrals. xx

      Delete
  3. I have stopped doing the blogger challenges myself, but it is always good to see the posts go up! So, good job on keeping up with them ^.^ You've got some nice pairing going on here. I like this palette!

    Check out my giveaways: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/08/1st-blogiversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for taking the time to read my blog, I really do appreciate it x

      Delete
  4. Love the look of that Tom Ford lipstick - definitely added it to the wishlist :) x

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous. You know it is a luxury product just by the packaging, I love it, and wear this shade a lot. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...