Thursday, 21 August 2014

First Impression : Yves Saint Laurent Forever Light Creator Serum

I am always on the hunt for a fantastic new serum, to help make my foundation go on smoother, and make my skin appear flawless, when it truly isn't. Let's face it, us girls are never happy with the way our skin looks or feels, even if it was picture perfect. I will say, since being in my 30's, my skin has been settling down more. In my teens, I suffered with acne, really bad, so much so I used to get called Pizza Face and it used to embarrass me. In my twenties, I had rosacea really badly on my cheeks, and no matter how much I tried to cover it up with foundation and concealer, it always used to be there. Since getting into make up more, and trying to learn more about skin care and cleansing my face properly instead of using facial wipes all the time, the rosacea is a lot calmer than it used to be. Don't get me wrong, I still have bad days where it flares up and I look as if I have a fever, but it is much better now. So I have tried lots of primers, from inexpensive brands like Rimmel, and more expensive products like Hourglass. I got this sample out of a magazine, a while ago and have only recently discovered it in my make up stash, so I thought I would use it and give you my first impression and whether I would go out and purchase the full size.

In the sample, I did only get 1ml of product and to be honest, there really was not enough product to do my full face. I managed to cover my nose, chin and a little on my chin, but that was it so you would need quite a bit of product to do the rest. The serum has no colour to it, and is quite a thin consistency. It has quite a strong smell to it, so if you don't like fragranced products this is not for you. It is a florally/sweet smell which I quite liked. Another great factor to this serum, is that the main ingredient is water. Yes, there is alcohol in it, and so stay away if you don't like putting alcohol on your skin as this is the second ingredient listed.

The serum is supposed to correct the pigmentation in your skin, well, with only a tiny amount in the sachet and not having more product to use another time, I cannot say whether it altered any of the redness in my skin that I suffer with. I would need to buy the full size product. I found that my foundation went on nicely after applying the product, and my make up stayed in place for about 6-7 hours without the need for touching up which was great.

It is £35.00 for 30mls of product and you can get it online at Yves Saint Laurent website or at John Lewis or Selfridges stores.  I would repurchase it and will do in the future, as I found the little bit I tried has made me want to experiment with it more, so that I can give you a more in depth review.

I hope you have enjoyed this first impressions post, and let me know in the comments, if you have tried it and what your thoughts on it are.

Till next time,

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - hit publish by mistake. I find redness the hardest/worst thing to have to conceal. As I've gotten older, I have been plagued by broken capillaries on my cheeks/jawline. Like you, I have tried so many things to lighten the areas and any hyper-pigmentation I have. No luck. If I find something, I will let you know, and you do the same! :) I have had luck with the redness corrector from It Cosmetics, but not sure if you can get it in the UK? It definitely helps conceal the redness without being too cakey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dying to try It cosmetics. Wish they would bring them to the UK, they look a fantastic brand,

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try Sleek products but I am dying to! And the Tom Ford lippie is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleek are so inexpensive for the quality that you get. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...