Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Get Healthy Mondays #1 11/08/14

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. Today, as promised is my first of my Get Healthy Mondays installment. Last week I began Slimming World in an effort to try and lose some weight and to get healthier, and these posts are going to be a sort of diary that I can talk to you about how I am doing. I am pleased to tell you that over the last week I lost 3lbs and I even won the raffle too, and the prize was a beautiful big box of fruit, containing, pineapple, apples, peaches, bananas, melon, watermelon, and kiwi fruits, a really nice reward for my hard work at not giving into my nemesis of cakes and bread.

I won't lie, the first couple of days were very difficult for me, and I was so tempted to just give up and give in as i felt really hungry and had constant stomach ache, but I think this was due just to my body getting used to eating more fruits and vegetables. Another hard part has been seeing other people eating fish and chips and chocolates and things. The smell alone is enough to get my mouth watering. I will also say, that it is hard as well financially, as fruits and vegetables are not cheap, and so my food bill went up to double the amount I normally pay because of buying fresh meats and spices and herbs and things.

A fantastic thing that Slimming World has done for me in the first week alone has been to encourage me to try and cook fresh foods instead of microwaving food, and eating ready meals and things. I am a terrible cook, it is not that I don't want to, but that I was just rubbish at it. But, in an effort to improve this side of things, I went and purchase an electric whisk, a mixing bowl and some digital scales, so that when I am trying to eat the right portion sizes of everything, I am doing it accurately, and not just guessing, as this is where most people fall down when they are just guessing their amounts of things.

Last night I made from scratch, the Slimming World version of chicken fried rice, and it was delicious, the kitchen looked like a bomb site, and the pile of washing up left to do after was enough to make a grown woman cry, but I did it and I feel so proud of myself for that little accomplishment in itself.

Well, that is my round up of my first week at Slimming World, and I am so proud that I managed to lose 3lbs, that this has encouraged me to keep it up and eat a lot healthier.Let me know in the comments below if you are on a healthy eating journey and tell me how you are doing. If we all keep each other going, I am sure we can win this battle.

Love and Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your 3lb loss. And an even bigger well done for cooking from scratch. It will get easier with practice and it is much healthier than ready meals. Yes it is more expensive to eat healthier than to buy junk but I can assure you that a homemade cottage pie for example, will fill you up much more than a rubbish shop bought one. Good luck on your journey. You can do it! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your support CJ. Really feeling much better in myself now I am eating a lot healthier xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on the weight loss, your right it is not easy but worth it in the end :)

    Pam @ pamsstuffandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I have just got to keep going even when I am not feeling very good about myself xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...