Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Get Healthy Mondays #2 18/8/2014

Another week done and another 2lbs off!! That is 5lbs off in 2 weeks. I am so pleased, and I am beginning to notice a difference in my clothes and even my mom and partner commented that my figure has changed and so it just shows that even a small amount of weight loss can make a difference to how you look. I will say, that I have not been feeling as bloated as I used to do, but I have been suffering with a headache for the past few days and I think it is due to the change in my diet. Sunday, it was excruciating and I had to go to bed as I was sick twice and just could not cope with the pain any more. Yesterday, it wasn't too bad, but today it has been very bad again. Hopefully tomorrow the pain will have gone.

I have done so well cooking from SCRATCH. I have been preparing my evening meals, even when I was too tired to feel like doing it, I made myself as I knew that to get the results that I both want and need, I have to make the effort. I have been saving a little money from not buying as much beauty stuff, yes I know, shock, horror, but spending it on store cupboard essentials, that will keep for a long time, such as all the different herbs and spices, which totally change the taste of a meal from being bland too adding texture and maybe a little heat.

I thought this week I would post some photos of the meals that I have been making and how I have found them once eaten. I was very dubious when I first started the meals as I thought that they might look nice and tasty in the magazine, but they probably tasted nasty, but I was proved wrong. The meals are really delicious and tasty, and easy to prepare and make.

This is Beef Ragu. It is pasta, red pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes and it was gorgeous. All of the recipes in the Slimming World magazine are for 4 people eating it, but I just divide the portion amounts into 4 just for the amount for 1 person eating it. Even still, the portion size is just huge and I was ending up throwing half of it away but my Mom told me to leave it to go absolutely cold, and then put it in the freezer so that I can have it another evening. Great idea!!
This was minted aubergine and courgette cous cous. Now before this meal I had never tasted an aubergine or a courgette in my life, and I was very doubtful as to whether I would like it, but they were okay. I wouldn't say they were the best things in life to eat, but I ate them. This contained a lot of lemon, and orange juice, but with the mint, it sort of clashed and tasted a little too strong for me, but I ate almost three quarters of it, and enjoyed what I ate.
I cooked this for me and my partner last week, it is Herby chicken and vegetable bake. It was lovely. It has chicken (with the skin removed), potatoes, courgette, pepper, onion and tomatoes in, and my partner said that is was the best meal I had ever cooked him. I was thrilled when he said that, because for a very long time, I have always doubted myself where my cooking was concerned. But this has restored my self belief that if I just try, then I can do it.
Friday's tea was gorgeous. Gammon and egg, SW(Slimming World) chips and peas and salad. SW chips are so easy to make. You just peel your potatoes, chop them into thick chip like shapes, then par boil them. Drain the water off, put them back into the saucepan, put the lid on and shake the potatoes about to roughen the edges up. Then season them to how ever you prefer, put them on a baking tray, spray a low fat cooking oil over and put them in the oven to go golden, or to when you think they are done.  With the Gammon though, you have to remove all the visible fat as this can really add up your fat intake, which you really do not want.
And this, was last night's tea which was Lamb Korma. I think this was the most awkward one to cook as it involved so many different ingredients and so the kitchen looked like a bomb had gone off, but the Korma was nice, but yet again there was enough to feed a small army. So if you have a big appetitite, then the Slimming World recipes are ideal for you.

Well, that was my last weeks health journey, let me know in the comments how you have been doing regarding eating healthily.

Till next time,

4 comments:

  1. Mm these look delicious! I really need to start eating healthy...

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were nice. Thankyou for reading my blog x

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss. I'm not good at following a diet but I'm trying to exercise more. Those dishes look amazing, though. Wouldn't mind eating them and I love courgettes and aubergines! Good luck and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Eli, I will let you know how I get on tonight xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...