Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Get Healthy Mondays #3 W/C 25/08/14

Hi everyone. As you all probably know by now, I am on a bid to get myself healthier and looking better at the moment, and last week was so bad, because it was my little boys birthday and I had thrown him 3 little parties so that he could have all his friends and family around to celebrate with him. Inevitably I had to buy crisps, and biscuits, and CAKE!!! Oh, how awful temptation is when it is placed right in front of you and it seems to be calling you from inside the pantry "EAT ME"

But, I really made a good attempt at not having any but on Thursday for some unknown reason the craving was just too bad, and I ate a piece. Even whilst I was eating it, in my brain I was shouting at myself "What are you doing?" About an hour later I could have kicked myself because I had been doing really well at sticking to my food diary 100%. Friday was a better day and I went swimming with the family, and loved it. I love being in the water because it feels like the water is cushioning my bones and joints and I don't feel any pain whatsoever which, as any person with a chronic pain condition will tell you. Any relief, no matter how short, from the pain is very very welcome. I made myself do quite a bit of swimming, but not too much as I knew my bones and body would suffer later during the day.

One of the meals I made last week was Cod in a lime and garlic marinade, with spiced potato wedges and fresh green beans. It was beautiful and I definitely will be making it again soon. Here is a picture of the finished product below.
Monday soon came around, and this week for some unknown reason, (maybe the cake disaster) I felt extremely nervous about weighing in. But luckily I was relieved when I stepped on the scales and I had lost 1lb. I know it is not much but as my partner and family said, it is 1lb off in the right direction and I have now lost 6lbs in total. I am hoping to lose another pound next week, so that hopefully I can get my half a stone award. I just wanted to say as well how proud I am of my partner, as he is on this slimming journey with me, and last week he lost a whopping 7lbs!!! That's half a stone. He is working so hard and you can really see the weight coming off. I have noticed a difference in myself too, in my clothes are becoming a lot looser and some trousers I have had to get rid of as they were constantly falling down, lol.

Well, that was last weeks journey. Hopefully I will continue losing the weight and becoming healthier.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. You can do it beautiful and im with u every step of the way x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your support and always being there xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...