Thursday, 14 August 2014

What's On My Phone

I thought today, I would talk a little about my phone and my favourite apps and games that I love to use. I love seeing what apps other people have on their phones, and so thought this might be of interest to all of you, my lovely readers.

The phone I have is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and I love it. I used to have the Iphone 4S but the battery just kept dying within 2 hours of it being charged, and so knew it was time for an upgrade and chose this little beauty. I will say, this is a huge phone, so much bigger than the Iphone, and it did take a little while to get used to, but now I wouldn't be without it. It goes wherever I go, and I am constantly using it, whether checking emails, or texting or playing games, the darn thing is hardly ever out of my hand.
One of the first apps, that I made sure went onto my phone was Facebook. I love it, as you can keep in touch with long lost friends that you have not seen in years, but know that they are only a message away. It is a fantastic way of finding out whats happening in the world as most of the time, there are little news items, that pop up in the news feed and so then you know to check out the News app. I have Sky News on my phone too. I hate not knowing whats going on in the world, and because I don't watch television, it really helps to keep me up to date.

One of the newer apps, that has only recently been launched is the Boots app. Now if you are a beauty lover like me, then this is fantastic news as it gives you offers that are related to you and you only. It tells you what are the best buys in store at the moment. You can research what products are available. It is fantastic and I have already used a couple of the offers without me realising, because when I got up to the till, the sales advisor asked me if I would like my extra points added, and BOOM 200 extra points because I had bought a certain thing that I had selected on the app. I love it, and highly recommend it, if you shop in Boots a lot, like myself.

What would a blogger do without the wonderful app that is Twitter. I have had this app for a while, and for the first year or so, I really did not understand all the hype about it, but since I have become a blogger, WOW!!! My blog has taken off so much because of all the help Twitter has given me at getting my name out there and into the world wide web. You can say when a new post is up, you can show photos on there, you can chat with friends, it is really good.
My emails are so vital to me, I am always checking them, to make sure I am not missing out on any limited edition offers from stores like The Body Shop or Mac. I love that everything nowadays is so portable and you can access the web whilst on the go and that you are not limited to only using it indoors.

One of my favourite apps is Instagram. I love it for uploading photos of whatever you like and appeals to you. I post a lot of food pictures, nails of the day, hauls and candles that I am trying, as I am a huge Yankee Candle fan.
Ebay is an addiction for me. I love bargains, and I love being able to find something in a shop that I really like but then checking on Ebay to see if anyone is selling it for cheaper than the retail value then you know you have a total bargain. The only downside to Ebay is when someone outbids you in the final seconds of the auction when you have been winning the item for days. That drives me crazy and has happened to me a few times. QVC is a fantastic source too, and is where I normally purchase my Yankee Candles and my Laura Geller products. They have a Todays Special Value every day, which is a specially chosen product, and is at a fantastically reduced price for 24 hours only, and then it will go back up to it's original price and will never be that low price again. So that website I check daily too.
Pinterest is a good app to have on your phone as you can pin pictures of things you love to boards, and then you can go back and refer to it, when you like the look of something. For example you could see a picture of someone's hairstyle that you really like, you can pin it to a board and then when you next go to the hairdressers, you can flick back to that picture and show her exactly how you want that style. I pin anything and everything from beauty related things, to films I like, to places I want to go etc etc. You should definitely check it out if you haven't got it already.
Last of all, my favourite game I love to play when I have the time is a game called Hay Day
It is brilliant, and you have to run your own farm, and do tasks to get coins and progress up the levels. I am on level 35 and am slightly addicted to it. If you haven't tried it you should, I am sure you will get just as hooked as I am.

Well, that is a look at my favourite apps on my phone. I hope you have enjoyed this post, and let me know in the comments below if you have any different favourite apps that you think I should try out.

11 comments:

  1. Hey, honey! What do you think about follow each other via bloglovin? If you want, just follow me there and I'll follow you back! http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have followed you on Bloglovin. Great blog by the way xx

      Delete
  2. I loved this post! I love seeing what apps people have, im nosey like that!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always interesting to see what other people are using xx

      Delete
  3. I loved this post, I also have facebook, twitter and instagram and have found twitter to be great for blogging help

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter is fantastic, I love it. x

      Delete
  4. My favourite iPhone app is WeHeartIt! And of course twitter and instagram :)

    www.imaniqbal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of WeHeartIt. I shall have to look out for that one xx

      Delete
  5. Pinterest is definitely one you need to have! I love it! And of course, it is also a lovely way to waste time lol :P I don't check my facebook daily, only when I really remember to me. I am so lazy lol. My twitter too xD I really have to get better with this social media stuff ^.^

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/08/1st-blogiversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Pinterest does get you hooked in, and before you know it 2 hours have gone by,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, adorable wallpaper. Second, we have a lot of similar apps on our phones. Hahaha! I know that everyone is using Facebook, eBay, Twitter and Instagram, but I never knew you'd also have the Boots app. It's such a reliable fashion app, isn't it? Also, Pinterest is a definite must-have. Thanks for sharing that, Zoe! All the best! :)

    Clara Brooks @ Telco World

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...