Monday, 1 September 2014

Back To School Make Up Essentials

Yes, I know it is that dreaded time of year that all youngsters dread, and that is going back to school after a long summers holiday. I must admit to feeling the same way, as I am back to work today after having a fantastic 2 weeks off, so I am not looking forward to it.So, today I thought I would just tell you all about some products that I think are perfect for girls going back to school/college and just want a barely there make up look

For a fresh, natural look to your skin I would go with a BB Cream, because some foundations can be a little too thick or noticeable for school, and so this Garnier BB cream is perfect because, it gives you a little bit of coverage, but still a natural look that you need during the school day.
A cream blush is perfect for giving your face just a little hint of pink and makes you look more awake and fresh looking. To get a barely there natural look to the blusher, just pat your finger gently onto the cream and then just lightly press onto the cheekbone and blend, making sure that it is all smoothed into the skin. I have found it is much easier to be lighter handed with cream blushes than powder blush, as you are more in control of the amount you want to put on.
In school time, you don't want a bright in your face lipstick, but you still need to keep your lips moisturised with a little hint of shine, and the Revlon lip butters are absolutely perfect for this. They have just a little hint of colour, but they are so very moisturising that they are really comfortable to wear during the day. Another thing I like about them is that they are "maintenance free" as I like to call them, and that is that you do not need a mirror to apply them, they are just one quick swipe with the lip butter and your lipstick is looking beautiful again.
When you are in a rush of a morning to get to school, the last thing you need to be doing is spending half an hour on your eye make up, and so I have chosen the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette because there are really beautiful eye shadows that are really light in colour so when you apply these, you could just use one as a sweep along the lid, or you can then add a little darker look in the crease too give your eye look a little more depth.
If you are like me, you always want your lashes to look long and fluttery and this is why I have chosen the Maybelline The Falsies, as it gives you the length that I need but the lashes are volumised too. It is black in colour, and you can apply just one coat to give you a natural look, or you can apply 2-3 coats depending on the look you are going for.

Well, those are my make up products for a quick and easy back to school/college look. I hope you have found this post useful, and I have given you some ideas to what to wear.

Love and Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Ah i love the Naked Basics palette, it's such a fab palette xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful, I cannot wait to get the Naked Basics 2 palette xx

      Delete
  2. Love that palette, need to get that asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely need that palette !

    http://beth96x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...