Thursday, 4 September 2014

Blogger 2014 Challenge: New Beginnings

It is that time again, where I have to post a blog written all about a certain topic and this fortnight it is all about New Beginnings, Well, I was a little stumped as to what to write about, and then I realised that just last week, I had ventured into a brand of make up and cosmetics that I have never tried before, and that could be described as a new beginning. That brand I am referring to is Illamasqua. I have heard many people raving about them, and how good their products were. Normally I just walk past their counter but this weekend, I thought I would have a little look. I stood there for a while, looking at all their different products and swatching them, but as soon as I saw this above blush in the colour "Sophie" in all it's pink glitteryness, I knew I just had to have it added to my collection. I am really getting more into my blushes and my collection of them is ever growing.


It is such a beautiful colour, that I think everyone would be able to wear this particular shade. Another thing that is a new beginning is my venture into nude and natural shades of lipsticks. I have really been enjoying wearing these kinds of colours and when I saw the shade "Rose Pout" I knew it was the one that was calling out to me.



I love the packaging, stylish and sleek and the lipstick is just so buttery smooth, it is really beautiful to apply, and doesn't dry out or drag on your lips. Another thing that totally shocked me, was the cost of the products. I don't know why but I had thought that Illamasqua was a brand that would be way out of my price range, but when I paid for the blush and the lipstick, they were only £20 each. I was originally thinking they were going to be double that, and so it was a fantastic surprise when I went to pay. I am so totally impressed with Illamasqua and the products that I purchased that I will definitely be revisiting that counter in the near future.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, and let me know in the comments below if you have tried Illamasqua and what products from that brand you recommend.

Love and hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. I really like their eyeshadows - the on in stark is such a pretty burnt brown. Great post - following you :)
    Please check out and follow my blog.
    http://3verythingg.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to check their eye shadows out. Thankyou for the recommendation. Im going to Selfridges on Saturday so will be having a look at them. xx

      Delete
  2. I love the packaging too, it has a really luxury feel to it! Love the lipstick you got, I'm always on the look out for new ones so might have to pick this up! xx

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to pick it up. They have some fantastic colours. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely blog! thankyou for stopping by &your comment following you <3
    stay intouch!

    www.monamalick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thankyou for following me. I have just added you on Google +. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...