Friday, 12 September 2014

Essence:-My First Impressions

If you are a beauty lover like myself, you will always be on the lookout and have your eyes peeled for any products that are new on the market. So, when I saw MissBudgetBeauty had bought some Essence products (which as far as I was aware was only stocked in Germany), in her local Wilkinsons store, that set me off on the hunt to see if I could see if any of my local stores had them in stock. Well, after a few weeks of looking and not finding anything, I had pretty much given up all hope of finding Essence products,I struck gold on Wednesday and saw a gorgeous little stand in my high street Wilkinsons.

I was very impressed with the prices and were very good value, with nothing over the price of £5. I spent quite a long time perusing all the different items and deciding what to buy. As I did not want to spend too much money, just because I didnt really know much about them, and whether the quality was any good, so I finally decided on a beautiful nail polish, a lip gloss, a gorgeous looking blush, and a nudes eyeshadow palette. All of that only came just over £10 which was a bargain to me.

As soon as I got home I knew I wanted to swatch the different products and see what they are like. First up was the blush.


I love the way this blush is a 3 in 1, where you have the coral orange shade that you can use as a single blush then on the far right side you have a bright pink blush but then if you swirl the brush into the two colours together you get a peach shade that is a very pretty delicate shade. I will say I was a little disappointed with the pigmentation, as just to get the colours looking as they do in the photo above I had to do 3 swatches each time. Not the greatest in terms of brightness of colours.


I love the colours in this palette. Just such pretty shades. The last two on the bottom row are so very pigmented, and unlike the blush, these shadows really impressed me. They are all shimmery shades, and so would need other shadows to put a matte shade in the crease and to use as a highlight but they are just beautifully soft and buttery to apply. The only downside to this eye shadow palette would be the cheap plastic packaging, as it does feel pretty flimsy and so not ideal for travel, but just to use in your own home would be fine.

This lipgloss is beautiful, such a gorgeous baby pink colour, which is opaque enough to wear on its own, or you can layer it over other colours to give it a pretty shine or to lighten up a darker shade that is just not the right tone for you.

I have many red nail polishes, but I wanted a deeper ox blood shade for the autumn months ahead, and this one definitely ticks those boxes. The brush is cute in itself, a really dinky tiny brush, but it is quite wide, and so only takes a couple of swipes and the whole nail is covered in the colour. It is extremely opaque and so you could just leave it at one coat if you wanted too, but you will know if you have been reading me for a little while, that I like to apply two coats to ensure that i get maximum coverage to my nails.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and let me know in the comments below, if you own any Essence products and what you recommend me to try next.

Till next time,

4 comments:

  1. i'm desperate to try some of essence products! i've heard so many amazing things about them!

    oliviamulhearn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice, Im going to try and get a mascara next as they are supposed to be amazing.

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any essence products yet but it looks like you gave picked some really good products :) they all look lovely especially the nail polish! Xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a try, they are so very inexpensive so it won't really cost you much, if they are not to your liking. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...