Sunday, 28 September 2014

Happy 1st Bloggerversary

Hi everyone. This week has been my blogs first birthday,and it has caused me to think about all the amazing things that have happened to me over the past 12 months because of my blog.

When I first started, as like you all  I had no idea where to start and what to write about. I had been reading all the big bloggers for a while and I wanted to be just like them, but my photos were not very good, and all had an orange tinge. But I kept plugging away and tried to do the best I could. I am not very good with computers, and so everytime I hit a problem I got frustrated and just felt like giving up.

I dreamed of having huge numbers of followers, and kept setting myself a little goal, for example getting to 10 followers, then 25 followers then 50. I was amazed everytime I hit the target and kept climbing and at the moment I am at a staggering 550 followers. My confidence has grown in meeting new people and pushing the boundaries that scared me and that kept me wanting to stay within the safe and secure four walls of my home.

In making my blog, I have made new friends which I am forever thankful for and have gone to four different events where I have spoke to people I have never met before and I have been able to visit places that I had never even dreamed I would get to go to. I have tried new make up and skincare brands that I have never used and found that I love them. I am learning tips and tricks with make up and beauty all the time, therefore deepening my knowledge base and this really helps my role at work, as I feel I can talk to the customers with more confidence.

I feel because of my blog I am developing myself as a person and I am enjoying what I am doing so much. At first I will admit, I just wanted to try and make money from my blog, and now I have realised that that will never happen, but now that does not really bother me, because I am doing something that I really love. If it does happen in the future then that would be great and I would love to be able to give up my regular job and blog full time, but until that time I will just keep happily typing away to my hearts content.

If you are reading this, and you are wanting to start a blog, but you dont have the courage to start, I say go for it, just try and you will be surprised at how far you can go.

Thankyou so much to all my followers and friends who read my blogs, you are all incredibly special to me, and you will never know how much your support means to me.

Here's to the next 12 months.

17 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Blog Birthday ;) really like your design too! very pretty xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. my lovely friend over at Tea Party Beauty designed it for me. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy blog birthday! Your design is beautiful, just like the comment above said. It's really cute! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for commenting and reading my blog, I do really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou Gemma, Iam looking forward to the next 12 months to see what that may bring xx

      Delete
  4. Happy 1st blog birthday. Hope to see more posts. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Leja, glad you enjoyed it. I have just subscribed to your blog, its lovely. Keep up the good work. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! HAPPY 1st blog birthday. Just keep going honey. :)

    style-mepretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I intend to. Just hope one day, I will become more recognised xx

      Delete
  7. Happy Blogging Birthday lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blog birthday! I feel the same as you, I wanted to start one for ages but didn't have the courage and now I'm so glad I did! Been blogging for 9 months :D

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I can only hope to have the motivation to continue a blog for a year. I don't necessarily want to get big, but I do want to make friends and build a community and it is awesome to see people grow and get their blogger dreams to come true. I hope you make it to two years!

    xoxo
    buildingtheconfidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much. It is the community which is an added bonus, and I have made some really lovely friends too. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...