Tuesday, 23 September 2014

September 2014 Glossybox

Look at how beautiful this month's Glossybox is. I was thrilled when I saw the design of it. So classy and chic, and an instant facelift to the traditional Glossy pink and black boxes we have grown to know and love.When you take the lid off, a cool mint green tissue paper hides all the delights in the box, and as always is tied closed with a pretty ribbon.


Once opened the three leaflets that are on top of the products, are one giving you an insight into Octobers Glossybox and a spoiler alert. The second one is a a £25 off voucher for an instore spend of £150 at Karen Millen, and the 3rd is just the normal product listing.


First up out of the box is a L'Oreal Professional hair masque. It is only a sample size, but there is enough in there to last a few uses. So I was well impressed with this product. The full size you would purchase is 200mls for £15.50, but this one is 75mls. All you need to do is to apply to towel dried hair  and leave on for 3 minutes and then rinse away.

Next were the Vichy Normaderm night detox and hydra care . From what I understand, is that this range of products is designed for adult blemishes, and lets face it, I am still having trouble with my spot prone skin at nearly the age of 40 and so these products are going to be perfect for me. Basically you just use them as you would a normal moisturiser and night cream, and so these will get plenty of use.Granted they are tiny samples and only contain 3 mls of product, and so not as big as I would have hoped, but I will test them and see how long they do last.
Now for me, this is the let down of the box. I do not do anything to my brows, and so dont need this product. It is a full size product and is £14.95 just for this alone, so in just this one item the whole Glossybox is paid for, and so all the others are free. This is why I love Glossybox so much, is the value for money. But although I won't use this product, I am sure I can find a friend who would like this product for free. I hate to throw products in the bin, if someone, somewhere can make use of it.

Get this, another full size product.This is the Nails Inc Westminster Bridge Matte top coat, I was so excited when I saw this in the box, as I love nail polishes that can alter the way other nail polishes can look, and so I am very excited to try this out.
These are enzyme and acid peel and peeling gel sachets. They contain pineapple and papaya extracts. They are designed to exfoliate the dead skin cells, and leave soft and brightened skin, I can't wait to try them out. These are very expensive products, because in the full size of 180mls it costs £89.99 to purchase them. So I am going to be very careful in my use of the products when I am opening the sachets.

I hope you have enjoyed this post about the Glossybox. I definitely recommend the monthly subscription box, you get so much value for money and the products that get picked out for you are always nice and you get good variety in what you get sent.

Let me know in the comments, if you have received the Glossybox this month and what you think of the products.

Till next time,


2 comments:

  1. I've only tried Birchbox before but I'm liking the look of Glossybox. I've read some fab reviews on it the last week or so. xx

    Alice Anne | Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the peels sounded rather cool until you mentioned the price of the full size ones. I better keep a look out for some samples as £89.99 is insane!

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...