Thursday, 18 September 2014

The Foundation Tag

Hi everyone. I saw this tag on YouTube this morning and thought that it would make a perfect blog post, and so here it is.

1) Which foundation has the best packaging?
This has to be the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation. It just looks so pretty and feminine with the design on the outside of the bottle, that I knew straight away this foundation has the best packaging.
2) Which foundation has the best colour payoff?
For me, this has to be the MakeUp Forever foundation. When I first purchased it, I thought that it was going to be too dark, but it actually suits my skin tone perfectly. I am terrible for picking foundations that are normally too light for me,  but this one really matches me well.
3)Which foundation is the most versatile/buildable?
This question was easy for me, and the answer straight away is my Estee Lauder Double Wear, you can apply a light layer if you want just a light coverage, or you can slowly build it up to be a totally full coverage product. You can even (as I have done in the past) just used it as a spot concealer and dabbed it on areas where you need a little more coverage, and it never looks too cakey or too much.
=

4) Which foundation do you think is best for travel?
This is quite a hard question as most foundations do come in heavy glass bottles, which would be a nightmare to travel with as you would be worrying about them smashing and then foundation going everywhere (my idea of a nightmare). But I found one that would be quite compact enough to travel with, and doesnt come in a glass container, so reduces the hazards of smashing and that foundation is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation.

5) Which foundation do you regret purchasing?
This is an easy one for me, and it is an awful foundation and that is the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint. It is just too watery for me and just looks as if there is nothing there on my skin. It is too thin, and just looks cakey if I even try to just apply a thin layer. A big regret in my book.
6) Which foundation do you think has the best colour names?
I really don't think any of the brands have foundations with the best colour names. They are more or less the same shades used, i.e sand, nude, vanilla, etc etc.

7) Which foundation is the least used in your collection?
Definitely the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint. I have used it maybe 4 or 5 times, got fed up with not being able to get a good enough result and unfortunately it has been languishing at the back of my drawer ever since.
8) Which foundation is your most used and most loved?
That would be a toss up between my Estee Lauder Double Wear and my MakeUp Forever foundation. I just love both of them so much as they really do give my skin that flawless, airbrushed look to my foundation that I really want.
I tag everybody who reads this blog post, to do their answers on their blog too, let me know in the comments below if you do do this tag post, and then I can come visit your blogs to read your answers.

Love and Hugs


6 comments:

  1. Excuse me if I post two comments, I think it didn't publish my first one! I was saying that I agree on the packaging of the Kat Von D one as it's really gorgeous, and that I have to say I really like that L'Oreal foundation because it's weightless and non cakey at all... Love this tag! ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for reading. The Kat Von D packaging is very classy and elegant xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh everything looks really lovely!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of them are, apart from that L'Oreal one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just got the tarte one recently and love it!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying to try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation! It always looks so beautiful.

    www.beautyandwhit.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...