Saturday, 18 October 2014

Blogger 2014 Challenge: An Autumn Inspired Makeup Look

Today's post is all about the make up that I would use to illustrate and show off the beautiful colours and shades of Autumn. Whenever I think of Autumn, the colours that spring to mind are, burgundy, olive green, burnt orange, deep browns, golds, and so when I was picking out the products for this look, I really tried to keep these shades in mind.For my foundation, I couldn't really reflect the colours, but I tried to keep it quite light and not too heavy and cakey so I went with one of my most recent purchases which is the Flawless foundation from Mememe Cosmetics. In applying the foundation I used the Sigma F80 brush, which is excellent at giving a really flawless look to your foundation, and really blends well into the skin.
To keep the look looking light and bright I applied the Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer under my eyes to cover up any of the dark circles and also applied it across the top of my cheekbones to give a slight highlighted effect.
To keep my eyeshadows that I wanted to wear in place, and make sure there was no creasing at all I applied Mac's Bare Study paint pot , using my fingertips to blend,all over the lid and up to the browbone.

The eyeshadow quad that I decided to use for this look is Maybelline's Bronze Drama #22. It has such beautiful colours perfect for this time of year.
I applied the coppery shade just on the main eyelid making sure to soften the colour in towards the crease. In the crease I blended the olive green shade and made sure there were no harsh lines, just using my brush in windshield wiper motions. The darkest shade I just lightly dabbed onto the outer V and the cream shade I used as my highlight and inner corner brightener. For mascara, I have really been trying out the Younique 3D Fibre Lash mascara, and I love it. It really darkens your lashes and makes them look so much thicker, so far so good with it, and I will let you know my final verdict on it soon.
For my cheeks I wanted to keep the colour very light but in an orange shade. I decided to go with another newer purchase which is Benefit's Cream Blush in Majorette. It is such a pretty shade, and so easy to blend because of it being a cream product.
To incorporate the plum colours and burgundy shade I decided to keep this colour for my lipstick choice. It was hard to choose as I have so many of these shades but went with the cult favourite in Mac's Rebel. I love this lipstick. In the tube it looks quite frightening and too dark, but when applied to the lips it is much sheerer and lighter in shade, so you don't have to worry if you hate dark colours in lipsticks, you may find you like this once you swatch it.
Here is a close up of my eye makeup
Below is the overall look
I hope you have enjoyed this post, and like the finished look.

Till next time,
 





8 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline Dream Lumi and their quads!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Maybelline do some amazing products, especially for their low prices. xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look, perfect for fall :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Anna, the shades just reflect Autumn so well xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...