Thursday, 9 October 2014

My newest Mac additions.

Oh Mac, why do you do it to me? For a while I was able to resist the temptations offered to me through email, and quite a few times I have been to the Mac counter and not purchased anything. But then, I was just perusing the web as you do, and then BAM!! the colour addict in me spotted the following beauties and I was suckered in. First up, I wanted the blue-brown pigment, but it was out of stock. It is always the way, the one I was DESPERATELY after was not available, but fear not my friends, a trip back to the Mac counter is on the horizon and that little blue brown beauty of a pigment shall be mine. Then, another eyeshadow caught my eye and it was part of the Electric Cool range, and the shade name is Gilded Thrill.



This shadow is just unbelievably silky and buttery soft, it is truly like no other eyeshadow I have ever tried, and to be honest the swatch shown in the photo really does not show the glimmer and sheen that you get when the shadow hits the light. It is absolutely gorgeous, and had gold shimmers that catch the sun and is stunning. I totally recommend this eyeshadow and I will definitely be checking out more colours from the range. Next up was another eyeshadow but this one I bought as a pro pan refill, as I like my shadows to be in palettes if I can do it. The last shadow shown was not available in pro pan refill form, which is a shame, but no hardship as I can store it in my Mac drawer along with all my other Mac products. Yes, you heard me correctly I have a whole drawer dedicated to Mac products and soon will have to start a second, but anyway onto the next eyeshadow.


This is called Sable, and is a warm brown shade with tiny gold flecks within it. It is so pretty and I can't wait to wear it as a stand alone shade on my eyes, and the colour is just perfect for this time of year. The last thing I purchased was a lipgloss, I really wanted a berry shade of lipgloss as all my others are either light pink or nude shades, and I really wanted to vamp things up a little bit in that department and so the mineralize glass in Fashion Perk looked perfect for what I wanted.


It does apply quite sheerly, and so it is easy to build up the colour for a more dramatic effect. I really love the colour, and cant wait to wear it and see how wears and if it feels comfortable on the lips, and I might look into getting more colours from the range.

I hope you have enjoyed this Mac post, let me know any Mac recommendations you may have in the comments below.

Till next time,

6 comments:

  1. Love the eyeshadows you picked! Both so beautiful ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if the same MAC products are available in the UK as here in the US, but the Blue Brown pigment is available in the "MAC to Go" line - which is travel sized, but less than half the price of full sized product. Pigment lasts a long time, so if you can find the "to Go", that's the ticket. I have a post on my blog about it if you would like to have a look! PS - no one can resist MAC! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check the "go to" one out. Mac is my guilty pleasure,lol xx

      Delete
  3. These are gorgeous, I love the Sable eyeshadow and I'm desperate to try one of the MAC Electric Cool eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out the Electric Cool range they are all beautiful xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...