Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Review: Essie Wicked Nail Polish

Today I thought I would write a review post on a nail colour that I have fallen in love with. It is Essie's Wicked. With the Autumn well and truly upon us, here in Birmingham we have had torrential rain, 60mph winds and it is freezing cold. It is time to dig those burgundy, wine red, and oxblood shades of nail colours, out of your collection and painted onto your fingers and toenails. I love a deep red on my toes at anytime of the year, but now I have started to paint my fingernails in the same sorts of shades. Wicked has definitely been my go to in the last week.
The brush on this particular shade, is quite a bit bigger than your normal standard nail polish, and I love that it covers nearly the whole nail in just one swipe.

Another fantastic factor of this shade is that it is opaque in just one coat, so if you are in a rush, then your nails would look perfect if you had only had time to apply one coat. Obviously the more coats you apply of the polish, then the darker the shade will turn. I always apply two, and it is a gorgeous deep claret burgundy, and the shine from the polish, without a top coat is phenomenal. It is a lovely creamy polish and really looks striking on the nails. I have had so many compliments from my friends and family since wearing this shade and I know it will be in my favourites nail polish rack for some time to come.I love Essie polishes and think this is an amazing shade if you don't already own it.

You can purchase Essie from Boots and Superdrug, and online too. It retails for £7.99 at the moment. If you dont own this shade, you need it. I hope you have enjoyed this post, and let me know in the comments belowwhich other Essie polishes, you recommend.

Till next time,

9 comments:

  1. This looks like such a lovely shade for Halloween and autumn. I've never bought Essie as I find it quite expensive but I'm always lusting over the shades in my local Boots :) x

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you try one Essie polish, you will get hooked just like me xx

      Delete
  2. Totally love Essie, wish I was brave enough to use it...

    Follow for follow sherryconfidential.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I absolutely adore this colour - I will be looking for it this weekend - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get some Essie nail polishes in my collection I actually don't have any.

    Love the colour of this one.

    www.cosmeticsbeautyrainbow.blogspot.com

    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!!! No Essie, me and you need to go on a shopping trip and fast :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love the colour of this!! Totally addicted to essie myself! Bahama Mama is a personal fav, you should check it out.

    I'm new to this whole blogger thing, and started a blog called WildlittleWonderland.blogspot.com and it would be lovely if you could give me a follow :)

    thanks!!
    Ana xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...