Tuesday, 7 October 2014

September 2014 Favourites

I know, I know I'm late onto the bandwagon with my September favourites, but Im here now and we will jump right in. September was very much focused on using things that I have had in my collection for ages, and not just running out and purchasing any old thing. The L'Oreal Ever Pure Shampoo and Conditioner I have had for months and months and just never got round to using, as I kept on using my Tresemme shampoos and my Aussie ones, as I love them so much. But these are equally as good, they come in a nice squeezy tube which is good for me as with my bad arthritis I am not very good at squeezing big clunky bottles but the tubes are really very easy to squeeze the product out of. The conditioner smells gorgeous, I love it in the mornings, because it is quite a strong, zesty, fruity smell, it really wakes you up. Both products have really left my hair feeling lovely, looking shiny and does not leave any residue in (which I hate).

They have lasted me a good while too, which is good as I have to wash my hair every day, otherwise I just look like a real greasy mess.My deodorant this last month has been a little controversial and out there for me, because I had seen quite a few girls on YouTube raving about how good Old Spice is and how nice it smells compared to womens deodorants. So, I took a gamble and purchased it and I really like it. It smells strong but really nice, and I think once this can has finished I will be buying it in the deodorant stick form too.
My shower gel that I have fallen in love with is the Imperial Leather Foamburst range. It is fantastic I purchased the Bewitching Blackberry and Wild Fig  fragranced one when Boots had an offer on them, at £1.00 each. Oh my word, you only need such a small amount and it froths up beautifully on the sponge, and the smell is beautiful. The whole bathroom smells sweet for ages after your shower.
My foundation this month has been the Max Factor Ageless Elixir. It has a really thick consistency which I really love because I love a full coverage look to my foundation, and it also is quite a mattifying foundation which I need as my skin is very oily at the moment, for some unknown reason. I also love this foundation because of its packaging. It has a pump dispenser, and to do my whole face I only need to use half or a full pump, and that is unheard of for me, because in other foundations, I sometimes need 2 or maybe even 3 pumps. A good plus point for using this as your foundation also, is that it contains a serum, so that if you were in a hurry in the mornings and needed to rush out the door,you would not have to worry about applying a separate serum, as it is already in your foundation.
I have been loving a plain neutral eye look,with just a hint of definition in the crease and outer V, and the Naked Basics palette has been my go to palette. I was so wanting the Naked Basics 2 palette at this point ( already now own :) and will be reviewing it in the very near future, that I just wanted to use my Naked Basics 1 to feel like I was using the second palette. Sad, I know, but needs must as they say.
My eye base, as it has been for the last few months has been Mac's Soft Ochre paint pot. I just love it because it cancels out the redness I have in my eyelids and just neutralises everything down. It also does an amazing job at keeping my shadows crease free, which is a task in itself.
Lipstick wise, I know we are in the Autumn time now and I should be wearing browns (Kylie Jenner style) or deep burgundys and plums, but for some unknown reason my Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Apocaliptic, just was my go to look. It is definitely not a conservative shade, and you do definitely get a lot of comments about the colour, but I love the bright red/pink and really cheered me up in the darker mornings with a bright pop of colour. Also, I felt because I was wearing quite a subdued, neutral toned eye, that the lip colour brought a vibrancy that the overall look needed.
Last, but not least my favourite nail polish had to be OPI. Normally I love Essie, but I was just loving the colours and the consistency of the staying power of the polishes.
My favourite shades were Purple With A Purpose and Barefoot In Barcelona, which is a beautiful peachy nude shade, which goes with everything.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what your favourite beauty products were last month.

Love and Hugs.







4 comments:

  1. I recently got the Naked basics 2 and I've not used it much yet but I'm very excited to do so! :-)

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely palette. You should definitely start to wear it.

      Delete
  2. That Max Factor Foundation sounds promising and would work for my skin. Those nail polishes are perfect for Fall :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good foundation. You should get the polishes, they are fab xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...