Tuesday, 30 December 2014

December 2014 Favourites feat. Maybelline, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Stila and Yankee Candles

Today I wanted to share with you some products that I have truly loved over the past four weeks or so. It has really been quite a simple month for me, where I have been mainly focusing on a gold glitter eye look and a bronzed cheek.  To be honest, nothing else has really stood out where I have thought I have to put this in my monthly favourites and so, this post will be short and sweet. I am in total love with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I have had this palette for a good while now but I just keep reaching for it time and again. I love that it is a palette with such a range of diverse colours that you can literally create hundreds of different looks with it, even down to using a little fix plus sprayed on your brush, and then dipped into any of the different colours and using them as eye liners too.

I have used the gold shimmery shades the most, and I have tried something different as my inner corner highlight, by using the pale pink in the middle row fourth from the left. This really brightens up any look, even the deepest smokiest shadows by just bringing a little pop of pale pink. There are great blending out shadows in the matte browns too.


I know, I know I have spoken about Stila's Kitten eyeshadow before but it is just so gorgeous and gives your total make up look a pop of glitter and was totally in sync with all the christmassy glittery decorations that were surrounding us over the past month. I also love it, because it doesn't drop glitter all over your cheeks as some shadows with the glitter in have a tendency to do.. The last shadow that I have only recently discovered when I was searching through my eyeshadow palette collection  and that is Urban Decays' Midnight Cowgirl. It is very, very similar to Stila's Kitten but I had to include it into my favourites.


First of all, can I just give a shout out to the beautiful packaging of this palette, it is just so gorgeous, and girly. Midnight Cowgirl is more of a  yellow gold glitter eye shadow whereas Stila's Kitten is more of a beige toned gold glitter. But both are equally beautiful and when I have worn them, I have always recieved comments on how nice my eye make up looks that day.

I have been wearing more bronzers this past month than blushers and two in particular have really stood out to me. One is a high street bronzer and the other is a little more high end. Maybelline's Dream Sun Bronzer is a really beautiful brown, and isnt too orange on me, which some bronzers can turn. This bronzer is extremely pigmented and so you only need to tap your bronzer brush into the powder, just very lightly and that will give you enough colour for your look.


As you can probably tell from the picture I haven't touched the blush part as of yet, but I am sure this pretty peachy coral blush will get lots of use in the upcoming Spring and Summer months. The other bronzer I have loved for a long time is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer. The fact that it smells of chocolate and cocoa the minute you open is only a small part of why I love it. This is a true brown bronzer, and as with the previous product you only need the tiniest amount to create the perfect bronzed cheek.

I love that it comes with a mirror too, so that if any touch ups are needed during the day, you have a mirror handy to use. The last product I have totally fallen in love with this past month is a Yankee Candle. I was lucky enough to recieve the Yankee Candle Advent Calender as a gift, and so every day I would get a tea light in a variety of fragrances. There were 5 that were in the calender, and the one that I have been burning non stop is Cranberry Ice.

It is a very sweet smelling tea light, but I love those types of fragrances and as soon as I smelt this I was in love. I have nearly used all of this fragrance up, and will be on the look out for a bigger version of it too, as it has quickly reached my top ten of favourite Yankee scents. I was very dubious in the past about how long the tea lights would last and whether they were worth the money in purchasing them. But I have found they have lasted 8-10 hours each and so I think that is really good for a small tea light. I totally recommend looking out for this fragrance when you are at a Yankee Candle stockist.

Well, that is this month's favourites. Have I mentioned any of your favourites? Let me know in the comments below. I love to read all of your comments and suggestions. So please feel free to share your favourites with me too.

Love and Hugs.

8 comments:

  1. I love the too faced eye shadows, they are such great shades

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, aren't they. Great pigmentation too. x Thankyou for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I agree that UD packaging is amazing! Love the look of that Maybelline bronzer/blush! I need to get it! :D Happy New Year dear! :) xx

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Jadirah xx thankyou for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. The packaging is so cute! Great shades too! :)

    Happy New Year!
    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful isn't it. Don't think I could ever bring myself to get rid of this palette, just because of the packaging xx

      Delete
  4. I love seeing all the new Yankee Candle scents you're enjoying on Instagram. They are really fab candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are amazing. I did store my candles in my Alex drawers but now I have run out of room, I think I need some more storage to house all my new candles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...