Wednesday, 24 December 2014

December 2014 Glossybox

This past month has been so, so busy for me, and I just have not had the time or energy to post on my blog, but my Christmas and New Year resolution is to blog more regularly, and rediscover my passion for my blog. So whilst I was wondering on what to base the next post, my eyes flew to the corner of my room where this months Glossybox sat, and inspiration hit me. This month's box just looks so festive and pretty in its cream and green star packaging. In a way you could almost wrap this up as a gift for someone as it looks so pretty. The thing that hit me when I took the lid of was the sweet scent, very nice and so was excited to see what was included in the box. Last month we did not get a card describing each of the products, but I am glad to see in this months box, the card had been included once more.

Below is a picture of how the products were displayed inside the box.

The first thing that I was so pleased to see in the box was the Tresemme Renewal Hair and Scalp 60 second treatment shots.I am really getting more into looking after my hair, and so these are ideal for me to really give my hair some special treatment as I straighten my hair all the time.They include tea tree extract and sunflower oil so these help to nourish the scalp and renew the hair. You get 4 treatments in the box and are a value of £5.50.
Next up was a SkinPep Wrinkle Clear peptide serum. I have never heard of this brand and tend to stick to my Olay, No 7 or Younique serums, so will give this new one a try. It is so important to look after your skin, especially mine at the moment as it is really starting to age and so a good serum is essential to my skincare regime. This serum contains 5 collagen boosting peptides, 10 antioxidants and multiple moisturising agents. Designed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and restore a healthy new skin glow. So it is full of good ingredients to help my skin and is valued at £29.99 for 30 mls. The sample size I was sent is 7mls in size. You are to apply 1-2 pumps of the serum onto a cleansed face and massage over the face and neck starting at the centre and moving outwards, using both at morning and night times.
Another thing that I really need to improve on is doing my brows. I never,  ever do anything to them, and I really think I need to push outside my comfort zone and trying to include looking after them into my beauty regime. The So Susan brow powder that was in the Glossybox will encourage me to do just that. It is a dual brow powder, with a light brown shade and a dark brown shade and a little applicator  to apply it with.It is a smudge proof compact, and the medium coverage that the powder gives, this enables you to brush it on softly using, gentle strokes to fill in sparse brows . you are supposed to dab the brush into the darker colour first, tapping away any excess and use short, light strokes. Then brush the lighter shade over the entire brow to pull the whole look together. This is a full size product and is valued at £11.95 for 4g. So just in this one product you are getting the value of the entire box, so it is great value for money.

The next product out of the box is the Anatomicals Zap! Zap!Zap! Gets That Chap Day and Night Spot Stick (such a long name for a product, don't you think??) This is yet again another full size product and has a day time formula and a night time formula, to work on spots all day long. I do suffer with the odd outbreak of spots from time to time, so this is great to keep in my make up bag. It is £3.79 for 7mls, and is great to help those outbreaks heal if you are going to a lot of parties over the next few weeks.
The last but not least product is from a brand that I am getting to know more about lately and that is Bellapierre Cosmetics. The product is a lip and cheek stain in the shade Coral. For me, I'm not keen on this colour for this time of year, as I would have thought this shade is more spring and summer, but I am sure I will get some use out of it in certain looks. It is certainly blendable and creamy in texture and is mslall enough to pop into your handbag for any mid evening touch ups that may be needed. You just apply it with your fingertips, just like a lip balm, and apply a small amount to the apples of your cheeks and blend along the cheekbones for a  little hint of colour. Again this is a full size product and retials for £12.99.

I am so impressed with this months box, the value for your money is just incredible. A great variety of products too. I really hope you have enjoyed this post, and as this is Christmas Eve, I would just like to wish all of my readers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Love and Hugs.







2 comments:

  1. What a great box for this month. The lip and cheek stain is definitely more a spring/summer colour but it's so pretty I think I'd wear it all year round.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, thankyou for reading, it is a pretty colour. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...