Monday, 29 December 2014

My Top 5 Hair Products of 2014

This year I can definitely say that I have really tried all different sorts of brands of hair care products, everything from the cheapest of the cheap at the pound shop, to bottles of shampoo priced £20 or more from designer hair care brands. In the past I have just stuck to what I knew worked best for my hair from one brand, but I have realised in the past 12 months that sometimes, that can just work in a negative way as your hair then gets used to it, and therefore the products do not work as effectively.  So, to end the year I am doing a round up of all my favourite hair products that I have tried in the past 12 months and this hopefully may give you some different ideas of products to try on your hair too.

My favourite overall brand of the year without fail has to be Tresemme. I just love their shampoos and conditioners and styling products.
They just cleanse my hair so well, and I know that they do not leave my hair feeling dull or lifeless. Whenever I have felt a little bit down about the look of my hair, a shampoo and condition from the Tresemme range and my hair feels back to normal again. Because sometimes, no matter how clean you think you wash your hair on a day to day basis, the build up of products, from serums to heat protectants to styling sprays can all take their toll, and so just a quick wash with the Tresemme Deep Cleansing shampoo ( the black bottle with the green band on) removes all that build up straight away.

A shampoo discovery this year has been the Bumble and Bumble range. Now dont get me wrong, this is a high end brand of haircare, and so if you are looking to tighten those purse strings then this is not the range for you. But, the shampoo is just amazing and so luxurious feeling when using it, that I would recommend it to anyone.
You don't need to use a lot as I found that a little goes a long way, and it really does help your hair to look and feel thicker. I take a lot of medication daily, and so this can really play havoc on my hair, as it is constantly falling out in clumps and really thin and dull, but this helps to make my hair look richer in appearance than it actually is.

A surprise favourite is a dry shampoo. Namely the Batiste dry shampoo for dark and deep brown shades.

In the past I had tried the original Batiste shampoo and I had hated it. I applied it and no matter how much I tried to rub it into the roots of my hair, I always felt that I had a grey cast over the colour of my hair and really felt like I looked like someone had tipped a bag of flour over my head. But this dry shampoo is coloured and so no longer leaves that grey colour. I love it, and feel much more confident in going out on those days when you just do not have time to wash your hair. I jusr spray a few spritzes of this at the roots, give my hair a quick scrub and BAM!! You have clean hair and no greasy roots.

With my hair in a little bit of need for TLC, I have been enjoying deep conditioning masks, and the one that has been my go to for a good few months now is the Charles Worthington Moisture Mask
I apply this to damp hair, wrap my hair in a towel and leave it on for a good 10 -15 minutes, then rinse it out, and my hair feels soft, the split ends dont look as bad, and it feels in a lovely condition once I have styled it. I really enjoy using this product and is well worth the money.

Last of all is a styling product that I love. This is the Tresemme Extra Hold hairspray
Now don't get me wrong, I do love my L'Oreal Elvive hairspray and I know I have used that a lot this year, but this one has got to be my favourite as it has amazing hold, but the amount you get in the can is 500mls, and this lasts me forever. It is exceptional value for money and holds every style I create wthout being too sticky and crunchy, and you are still able to brush it out at the end of the day without causing too much bother.

Well, that is my top 5 hair products of 2014, please let me know in the comments below, what your favourite hair products have been this year, and if you have any suggestions of new products you think I should try.

Till next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...