Wednesday, 3 December 2014

No 7 Beautifully Matte Mousse Foundation Review

As many of you will already know, I chop and change my make up products on a regular basis. One week my eyeshadow love will be a L'Oreal single, the next a Mac palette, and the next a Rimmel quad. I love to try new things out, and I have often found what I don't particularly care for one time, I can absolutely adore the next time I try it. The same happens with my foundations. I have my true holy grail foundations which would be L'Oreal True Match, Estee Lauder's Double Wear and my Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation, these keep me matte and my skin looking flawless. Occasionally I switch things up a little and try others in my collection and this No 7 Beautifully Matte Mousse foundation is one I have been trying out over the past few weeks.

Now I know what you are going to be thinking, a MOUSSE??? Yep, that's right. When I first saw this shown being used on YouTube, I thought that is going to be way too heavy for my skin and it is really not going to blend well, because of the consistency. Back in the day, I used to adore (and still do enjoy wearing occasionally) the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Everyone used to slate it, saying it was such a rubbish product and the colour match was way off, but I loved it. But because everyone was hating it, I listened to the other beauty gurus and stopped wearing it.

This No 7 mousse is so totally different. When you press your finger into it, it feels so soft and whipped like in texture that I knew instinctively that this was going to feel much lighter on application. You can apply this with a damp sponge or beauty blender,or fingertips, but for me when I have used it I have just applied it with my fingertips and just made sure I blended it in well. I even have used this a little deeper in application under my eyes as a concealer and on any areas I might need a little extra coverage on. I definitely would not recommend using with a brush, as it really clung to the bristles and just would not go on evenly, so fingertips is the best application technique I have found.

I think one of the negative points about this foundation is that it only comes in 3 shades!!! Yes, thats right 3, they are Wheat, Cool Beige, and Cool Ivory. In this day and age, and with other brands having over 10 colour matches, to have only 3 is disappointing to say the least, and No 7 will lose out on a lot of potential customers because of this I feel. The foundation retails for £13.50 and the pot contains 30g of product, which will last ages, as I have used this for a while and have hardly made a dent in it. I guess another negative is that some people may say it is not very sanitary to keep putting your fingers in and out of the pot, but I don't particularly mind this, but you could use a little cotton bud to get some out of the pot, and wipe it on the back of your hand, and then apply it onto your face that way.

With this foundation, a fantastic point is that it never, ever looks cakey, it just blends out seamlessly and gives excellent coverage. I would say that it is a medium to full coverage finish and because it is mattifying, a lot of the time I don't need to apply powder over the top, but because I have a super oily  T-Zone, I put a little powder on just to make sure. I have applied this foundation at 7am before I go to work, and at 8pm on the evening, the foundation is holding up just as well as when I first applied it. So the lasting time is really excellent.

I love this product and would recommend it to everyone. A great product, just wish there were more colours in the  shade range, so more people would be able to purchase it and try it for themselves.

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and please comment below with any No7 products you would like me to try and review for you.

Love and Hugs

4 comments:

  1. This sounds great but it does stink that it only comes in 3 shades. Great review though girlie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely disappointed in the colour range, but they may hopefully add to it, you never know. Thanks for reading and commenting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this, looks like a lovely product. Mousse foundations are amazing for getting that airbrushed look, but they're staying power isn't always great. Might have to give this a go with my No7 voucher! xx

    Sarah | www.seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely try it. It is so velvety smooth on the skin. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...