Thursday, 25 December 2014

The New MakeUp Geek Foiled Eyeshadows Haul

MakeUp Geek can do no wrong in my eyes. Granted I have only tried their normal range of eyeshadows so far and I totally love them, they are such a gorgeous shadow, so pigmented and easy to blend and are in my top ten of my favourite shadow brands. I really want to try their blushes and eye liners too but when I got an email saying that Marlena (the lovely lady that founded MakeUp Geek) had released her 10 new foiled eyeshadows I just knew I had to order them straight away.

Now, I will say that because you have to pay quite a bit of shipping and then customs charge on top ( nearly £20 just for that), the total expense cost me quite a bit, but I was so excited to try the shadows I just dismissed it. Also, I was disappointed with the way the eyeshadows were sent to me. I don't know why but I was expecting them to come all in their own special little palette, in my mind I just assumed (I know I should never assume) that they would. But they all just came in their little slip envelope tied together with a little silver twine, with nothing to put the shadows in!! So now I have to go purchase a z palette to display them in, extra expense on top. With the negatives out of the way, now onto the positives.

Oh my word, they are super soft, so soft in fact that on one of the shadows when I swatched it, I accidentally pressed my finger in too hard, and put a big dent in it, oops!! The colours are truly beautiful ranging from gorgeous brights to neutrals, so there is definitely something for everybody. They are so eye catching and pretty that no doubt you will get some compliments on your eye look.  I will now show the actual colours and swatches, so that you can choose your favourite. On some of the photos the swatches don't come across as deep in colour as when you look at them in their pan, but they are still really beautiful. Please remember though that these are foiled shadows, and so if you are a matte eyeshadow lover, these won't be for you.





















Aren't the colours beautiful? I love them, I have to say that Caitlin Rose, Flame Thrower and Showtime are my favourites. The way to apply them is to use your fingertips I have found, as using a brush just causes the shadows to crumble and not apply smoothly. The sheen on each of the shadows is truly lovely and although a little trickier to apply then other shadows, the effect they create is well worth the effort. You can get these shadows at http:// www.makeupgeek.com/ . I highly recommend them as they are a really special addition to my whole make up collection.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, and please let me know if there are Makeup Geek products that you own that you think I need to add to my collection too.

Love and Hugs


2 comments:

  1. Oh my god Jester looks stunning! I can't believe how many new products MUG keep launching, I've not tried anything aside from the original eyeshadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the blushers, as they are supposed to be fantastic too. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...