Wednesday, 7 January 2015

A New Haul feat. Jo Malone, Estee Lauder and Yankee Candles

I was so very lucky this Xmas as I did receive a lot of lovely presents and I also was given a little bit of money to go and choose presents for myself. So last week, I took myself off to town and had a wander around the shops to see if I could find anything I wanted. Now, you all know how much I love Mac and their products. Well, I have not said before but the last few times I have been to a Mac counter and Mac store, their customer service is not so good. Everytime I go, I have stood waiting for help and all the Mac staff seem to be doing is chatting between themselves, I even went up to a member of staff and asked for help, they said they would be back later and they never came back. So even though I was prepared to spend quite a bit of money, they were not interested and so yet again for the 3rd time running I did not manage to get my Mac lipsticks that I wanted and so will have to resort to purchasing Mac products from their online store. So that experience did not start my shopping off very well.

I then went to my Estee Lauder counter, oh and the experience and service could not have been more different. The lady greeted me, and asked me if I would like any help and I asked for the lip liner in Nude, and she explained that if I purchased another Estee Lauder product, I would get 500 points on my Boots Advantage card. So I needed no more persuading, and decided on a lipstick. Then the lady was so kind and threw in my bag a couple of samples for me to try. I will definitely be heading back to that counter in the future.

I love the packaging of the Estee Lauder products, they are really beautiful. The two samples I received was a lipstick in a palette, and a trial size Sumptuous Bold Volume mascara.


The lipstick in the palette is great for just putting in my handbag as it comes with it's own little brush, and is so small and compact and will fit in my make up bag easily. Everybody knows my obsession with my Yankee Candles and I just cant go on a shopping spree without purchasing more, but I had wanted to try Candy Cane Lane and Fireside treats for a while, because I had heard a lot of people raving about them and how gorgeous they smelt. So, thats right I jumped on board the band wagon and got them, and oh my goodness, everyone was so right, they smell so delicious and beautiful, that I cant wait to start burning them.
When I heard that there was going to be a Victoria's Secret store in Birmingham I was so excited and just knew that I wanted to go to it. Oh my word, the store is absolutely beautiful, with all the lingerie, and perfumes, and clothes. I was in there for ages, and felt sorry for my little boy and partner who were just trotting along after me. I eventually picked up a Christmas Cracker that contained 3 rollerballs of perfume in there, and they smell beautiful. I picked a Dreamy Vanilla and shea butter body lotion and a jumper and tracksuit bottoms, as I just love comfy clothes and they are so soft and lovely. The staff there are so friendly, and really helpful, as I asked one lady about how the sizing worked and she really made me feel comfortable, and explained it all and showed me which items were in the size I needed.

How cute is that Christmas Cracker?!?

Next up, I had to go to Superdrug, as I had run out of my Rimmel Scandaleyes Gel liner and I needed a new Real Techniques Cosmetic Sponge, as I had had my last one for ages, and it was in need of being thrown away.

Then I decided to head to the Jo Malone counter as I had always wanted something from their perfume range, but could not justify the cost, but now I had some Christmas money I knew I wanted the Blackberry and Bay perfume as it had been on my wishlist for so long. The lady was so helpful and friendly that it was a true pleasure to shop there. I now have a new perfume that I want to get as well that has been put on my wishlist, which is the Wood Sage and Sea Salt cologne.

Well, that is my haul for this week. What do you think? Did I spend my money wisely? Do you have any recommendations on what I should purchase on my next haul, please leave me a comment below as I love reading them, and replying to you all.

Till next time,



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Im looking forward to trying out some more of her product range in the future. x Thankyou for reading and commenting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...