Friday, 23 January 2015

GRWM: An Iced Berry Make Up Look

Today I thought I would do a get ready with me post. I did one of these a few weeks back, and got some really nice feedback, so thought I would do another featuring shadows from a new eyeshadow palette I got this week. That palette is the new Kat Von D palette "InnerStellar". It is really beautiful, and I love the silvery shadows in it which totally coincides with the frosty weather we are experiencing at the moment. I think the berry shade of the lipstick really sets off the eye look well. Right, on with the tutorial.
The primer I used as a base for this look was the Rachel K CC cream from LisaLisaD1's website. I really like it as it is such a great base to apply slightly thicker foundations on top of. It also has a slight tint to it, and so helps to cover the rosacea on my cheeks. My foundation I have been loving is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. It is beautiful, and I used my Real Techniques buffing brush too blend this in. I have found that you have to be a little bit careful with the amount you apply, you only need a few spots of this on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and then blend, blend, blend. If you think that it looks too cakey, then you have applied too much and just need to reduce the amount you use the next time.
On top of this, I used the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, and dusted it over the top using a soft fluffy kabuki brush. I was a little forgetful and forgot to take photos of my concealer, and eye primer, and my blush. So the products that I used for this was the Maybelline Dream Lumi Magique pen for concealing the dark shadows under my eyes, the Soft Ochre paint pot for my eye base, and the gorgeous Ginger Pop cheek blush from Clinique as my blusher.

Now onto the best part, the eyeshadows.




I applied the dark grey shade into the crease and blended it in well, using windwiper motions to make sure there were no harsh lines. I,gently  then applied the sparkly silver shade, using a flat shadow brush onto the main part of the lid, and just gently patted it on, to try to limit the amount of fallout, as these shadows are very soft and so you do get a lot of powder dropping down off the brush, which I don't mind as you can just brush it away with a little bit of face powder. For underneath the brow and the inner crease corner I just used the cream shadow to brighten the look up. I know you are not supposed to, but for me I love the drama that a black liner creates when worn on the waterline. The kohl crayon I have been loving is one I received from in one of my Glossyboxes, and it is from the brand Lollipops. It is in the shade 701 " Goodbye Moon". It is a really deep black and just glides on so easily, which is what you need on your waterline.
The mascara I have been wearing this week, was the L'Oreal Telescopic, this defines the lashes so much, that it really enhances your lashes and gives a dramatic look. I have had this mascara for a little while, and it was great to rekindle my love for it, as it had just been sitting in the back of my makeup drawer for a good few months.
The final part of the look was the lipstick. I chose to use the Dior Mystic Mauve lipstick as I thought if I went with a nude lip, it may make the look seem a little washed out, and I wanted to brighten and pull the whole look together.
These are all the products I chose to create my "Iced Berry" look.
The final look.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, and I hope you like the final look.

Love and Hugs.









2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...