Sunday, 4 January 2015

My 2014 nail polish favourites.

I know it is now 2015 but I thought I would do a little post on the nail polishes I loved over the last 12 months. These are polishes I went back to time and again when I just could not make my mind up over which nail colour to wear next. I have such a vast collection that it takes me a good few minutes when choosing which one to apply next. The first polish that really stood out to me that I had to include in this post was Models Own "Shades."


This polish was one of the collection that Models Own created designed to make your hands look as if they had been in the sun and really complement your skin tone. They had various colours that were so neon and flourescent they really made the nail polishes hard to miss on the make up stand. I loved this colour and wore it a lot over the last summer. This polish looks stunning on the toes too.



 If you don't own this Essie polish in Mint Candy Apple, then you definitely should. It is a total staple in my collection and I love it. I have worn it so much over the last 3 years that I have had it in my collection.I will say though that sometimes, as with any light coloured polish, it can look a little streaky with just one coat, so I always apply 2 to make sure that the polish doesn't look streaky in any way. I loved wearing this polish in the spring and summer, and recieved lots of compliments when I have worn it.


I remember saying when I first tried this nail polish last year, that  this glitter polish although so beautiful, just did not last and chipped and peeled off really easily. Well, Im relieved to say that this nail polish proved me wrong. I found a way to make this work, and that is over other base polishes, so that the glitter works as an enhancer and accent nail. This rose glitter is stunningly beautiful and catches the light and just sparkles away. It looks so pretty over a pink or white nail base colour.


This deep dark blue polish is so rich and deep in colour, that it has been a regular polish that I have used over the last few Autumn and Winter months. I have found that is a great alternative to wearing a black polish, if you find black is a little too deep. It looks like a black polish at first glance but when it hits the light, it turns into the most beautful deep, dark, navy blue. You could even get away with wearing just one coat of this polish, as it is just so opaque in colour.



I am so in love with Essie's Penny Talk polish. I reapplied this 3 times in a row bcause it is just so pretty, and that is unheard of for me. So many people asked me what was on my nails everytime I wore it, so that is how I knew I had chosen a beautiful nail polish colour. I applied 2 coats of this shade, just to ensure maximum coverage.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, and please let me know in the comments what polishes you are in love with and that I might need in my collection.

Till next time,



4 comments:

  1. Need to get the first color, it's a beautiful summer color!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous, you should definitely get it x

      Delete
  2. I'm absolutely in love with Essie, they have so many beautiful colours and such a variety!! can't get enough of the colours!!!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    www.youtube.com/user/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...