Friday, 2 January 2015

My Make Up and Beauty Products Storage Solutions.

If you are anything like me, and love your make up products and have a rather large collection, then space and storage is always a continuous issue and problem. No matter how often you think you have it sorted, the next month you run out of space again. But just by using simple products that you may have lying around your home or just by purchasing a couple of storage products I will show you how to keep your collection neat and tidy. I purchased the 3 drawer storage cube at Muji, and I have it on the corner of my dressing table. I have found it perfect for storing my eyeliners, lipliners, concealers, small single eye shadows and facial masks. Granted, the drawers are quite narrow, so big products like foundations and boxed blushers like the Benefit ones will not fit in there. It is priced at £17.95 on the Muji website.
This beautiful container is a candle holder and I purchased it at the German Christmas Market about 4 years ago. It really looked stunning when the candles were lit inside it, but I have also used it to hold make up brushes, mascaras, cotton buds and even hair bands.
As you can see I store a small portion of my nail polishes on this nail varnish rack I found on www.amazon.com. I totally love this and am seriously considering purchasing another one as I have many more polishes that need to find a forever home. At the moment is advertised for the very reasonable price of £8.79.This rack is sat upon the top of my next storage solution. It is my most favourite addition to my storage solutions and it is the Ikea Alex 9 drawer.
These drawers are amazing. The bottom 4 drawers are a lot deeper than the top 5 and so they are great for storing foundations, candles, hair styling products like hairdryers, straighteners, curling tongs. The top thin drawers I keep primers, mascaras, lipsticks and moisturisers. I will admit these drawers are not cheap. But for me they are well worth the investment and they do feel like a substantial product, as they are extremely well made. At the time I am writing this they are priced at £90, which seems a lot but they are fantastic storage solution that will last for years.
This is a pencil holder and I use this for lipglosses and make up brushes. This was really inexpensive and I am sure I bought it for less than £5.00. If you have read any of my previous posts, you will know that I am subscribed to the monthly subscription Glossybox. Well, I like to use everything in the box, and that includes the box and lid too. They are fantastic storage boxes and you can put eyeshadows, and body lotions, lipsticks and moisturisers in there.
Well, those are my storage solutions and I hope that this can give you some ideas on how to keep your beauty products looking neat and tidy. Let me know in the comments if you have other ways of storing products.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. Some great tips there! I need every inspiration I can find to make space for the makeup I got from Makeup Revolution yesterday ;) Can't wait for the new apartment where I'll get my own makeup room! xx

    lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to find room for beauty products, especially as I have so much. I love Makeup Revolution too. Ooh a make up room sounds amazing :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...