Thursday, 1 January 2015

My New Years Eve Make Up Look

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy New Year. I hope that it brings you all health, happiness and love. In the past, I have found New Years Eve, a very upsetting time, I always seemed to focus on the negative, and often felt that I hadn't really progressed in anything. But last year, even though it had it's really challenging moments, 2014 proved to be a very positive year. I made and met lots of new friends throughout the whole blogging community. I went to bloggers meets which I had never done before, and would never have had the confidence to do. I went to new places and restaurants that I had never been to. I saw a theatre show, and also met the Lord Mayor. Just all positives that I am so incredibly grateful for. I am going to push myself harder than ever this year and really try to make my dreams come true for both myself and my son. Right onto the post.

In this post I wanted to show you the make up look that I decided I would be wearing for New Years Eve. I wasn't going anywhere and just ended up staying in and watching TV but I wanted to feel glam anyway to celebrate the occasion, let's get onto the make up.
Unfortunately I forgot to photograph the primer and my moisturiser,the moisturiser I used was the No 7 Protect and Perfect day cream and I then used my Rachel K CC cream just over my T Zone to make sure that it tried to control my oily skin and my foundation would not look too shiny. I decided to use my Mac Studio Fix Fluid for my foundation. I have had this a while and I love it. The only problem with it is that it is quite hard to get the foundation out of the bottle, as it doesn't come with a dispenser. So I have finally ordered a pump for it off Ebay.
I then dotted some of the Nars creamy concealer over the darkness under my eyes, and then patted it in using my ring finger. To make sure this set without creasing I used the Real Techniques powder brush with the Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage powder to just dust over the concealer and down my T zone to ensure my skin stayed looking matte. I hate my face looking greasy and shiny.Now onto the eyes, I decided to use a base for the shadows to go on top of, and I used the Mac paint pot in the shade Soft Ochre. I love the yellow tone of this base because it cancels out the purpleness and shadowing I can tend to get on my eyelids.


For this look I wanted a sparkly and glittery shadow to reflect the tinsel and fireworks that you see on New Years Eve. I chose to use my 100 MakeUp Revolution eyeshadow palette.


In the crease I applied a soft matte brown shade,and blended it out and then gently patted the silver shadow over the lid. Then using the Nanshy blending brush I applied the black glittery shadow over the outer V, taking care not to bring the black too far into the crease, as I wanted the silver to pop out and be the main focus.For eyeliner I used Urban Decay's Rockstar 24/7 eyeliner.

For mascara I wanted my lashes to look full, black and volumous, just like false lashes, and so I used the incredible Younique 3D fibre lash mascara. I love this mascara, and if you have not tried it you need to. It gives you the look of false lashes without the trickiness of the glue and you dont have to worry about them falling off in the middle of the night out.
My cheeks I wanted to look golden with a pretty sheen like the colour of champagne. So out of my Mac MSF collection I chose Whisper Of Gilt, which is one of the prettiest cheek products that I own.

If you don't own this product you definitely should try and get it. I think it was limited edition but you may still be able to find it on Ebay. My lips I did not want to be too red because with drinking and eating, the lipstick would require a lot of maintenance to keep it looking perfect, so I decided to go with a peachy pink look. I used Charlotte Tilbury's Lip cheat lip pencil in Pillow Talk. I adore this liner, yes it is high end and quite expensive but it is gorgeous, and well worth the money.


Over the top of the Pillow Talk, I applied lashings and lashing of this beautiful peachy gloss in Nyx's Apple Strudel. It is not too sticky or gloopy, because I hate that in a lip gloss, but really helps your lips to feel moisturised and soft.
And that, my friends, is the finished look. As you can see I have used a mixture of both high end and drugstore products so that you can all achieve this look no matter what brands you have in your make up collection. I hope you liked this look, and let me know in the comments below, if you try to recreate it too. Once again Happy 2015 and I will look forward to reading your comments.

Love and Hugs.






4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Love your makeup look. That palette is huge & has so many fab colours. I haven't tried too much from Makeup Revolution but this year I have quite a few things from them on my to buy list
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. It is an amazing palette. I love it. You should definitely get some products from them. I have been so impressed with everything I have got so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some amazing products used, whisper of gilt MSF looks stunning! :D
    Happy new year!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...