Sunday, 11 January 2015

My Top 5 Lip Products of 2014

Today I wanted to carry on with my little series of my favourite products of 2014. Previously I had posted about my haircare, mascaras and nail polishes and today I wanted to talk about some of my favourite lip products. A lot of last year I tended to wear a lot of nude shades on my lips with dark, smokey eye looks, and to be honest I think this year will be mainly the same. I love the nude lip look and one of my very favourites to achieve this with is Creme D'Nude by Mac.


This is a barely there shade which is great for those days when you want to look polished and wear lipstick, but not have to worry about reapplying it every time you eat or drink. This is great for keeping your lips feeling moisturised too, and so this has been one of my go to lipsticks for a lot of the time. Another nude but a little more pink in colour and more pigmented is one of the L'Oreal Collection Privee lipsticks in the shade "Cheryl's Nude"



I love this lipstick. So neutral, but gorgeous in colour and to be honest, I only bought it at first because it was to do with Cheryl Cole, and I love her so wanted the lipstick. But once I had swatched it and worn it for the first time, that was when I first discovered how lovely the lipstick was. If you have not tried anything from the Collection Privee range from L'Oreal, you definitely should, they are so light on the lips yet moisturising at the same time. A pink lipstick I always turned to, especially in the Spring and Summer was a beautiful shade by Urban Decay, called "Native".



Not only is the lipstick shade so very pretty, just look at the spectacular packaging of the lipstick, it really does look so stylish and classy on top of my dressing table. It is a cream matte lipstick and does glide onto the lips really well, and the staying power is great. I have had dinner and drunk numerous cups of tea and coffee before needing to touch up my lipstick. A lipgloss I loved a lot last year especially in October and November was a Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie lipgloss in the shade "Dare Devil". I loved the berry shade, and although it looked quite scary looking in the tube, it really was not as dark once swatched or worn on the lips.


Last of all, I could not go without having at least one red lipstick in my top 5 favourites as this colour was a true go to, when I wanted to make my whole make up look come together, and it is a Sleek lipstick in the shade "Stiletto". I love Sleek, because not only do they produce some fantastic products, their price range is so affordable.


Stiletto is a matte red, and does need a little bit of work to get it onto the lips, as it can pull at the lips. I have found though that if you apply some lip balm before you put on the lipstick, it glides on a little smoother and doesn't feel drying in any way. Also, with a red lip look, you have to be prepared to keep re adding it during the day to ensure that the lipstick stays pretty. If you are worried about the lipstick bleeding into all the fine lines that surround your lip, then just apply a red lip liner before putting the lipstick on. To ensure the lipstick stays in place for longer, you could also, blot with tissue after the first layer, and then reapply another coat of the lipstick. If you want to really make a statement with your entire outfit and make up look, then a red lip is a definite.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this post. If you have other favourites, please let me know in the comments so that I can see if I like them too.

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...