Saturday, 31 January 2015

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette Review and Swatches

Now if you have been a follower of mine for a while, you will know how much I love the original Too Faced Chocolate bar palette. The colours are fantastic and when you open the lid, the delicious smell of the cocoa powder which is infused into the eyeshadows just hits you.
So as soon as I saw that they had released another version of it, I just knew I had to get it. This picture below is the Semi Sweet Chocloate Bar Palette.
Both palettes are encased in a tin, but the Semi Sweet palette is a lot slimmer in design, so a little easier to travel with. I love that both palettes have a mirror in the lid and both come with little how to guides so that if you are stuck for how to combine the colours for certain looks, then this will help you so much. Another great addition to the second palette is that the names of the shades are now embossed onto the tin, under each colour. Whereas before the names were only on a plastic sheet that was loose in the tin, and I was always losing it. Both palettes have the cocoa powder infused into them, and the shadows themselves are extremely buttery soft to apply, which means they are so easy to blend and get rid of any harsh lines within the look. I would say that the only two shades which were a tiny bit of a let down were the Pink Sugar, which is the second shadow on the middle row and the Blueberry Swirl which is the 4th shadow on the middle row. These just are not as pigmented as the other shadows and need a lot more work at picking the product up on the brush. They just don't go on the eye as they look when seen in the palette. The other shadows are all extremely pigmented, especially the darker ones, the black shadow is one of the darkest and pigmented black shadows I have ever come across. You only need to pat the brush into the colour once to get as much pigment as you would need for the whole lid. But the Pink Sugar and Blueberry Swirl just add a light shimmer and sheen to the lids. Dont get me wrong, the blue shadow is stunning in it's own right and great if you just want to add a little touch of colour as a liner to an otherwise neutral eye.

First row swatched.
Second row swatched. See what I mean about the Pink Sugar, really light to swatch.
Third row swatched.
Another great plus to the Chocolate bar palettes, and this goes for both of them, is that there is everything you need to create a whole eye look in each palette. You have lid shades, crease shades, outer V colours and highlight colours in both mattes and shimmery shades so there is something for everyone to like. The Semi Sweet palette is a truly beautiful palette, and I love using it, and will be using this for many months to come.

Well, that is my review and I hope you have enjoyed reading it. Have you got any of these palettes, please feel free to let me know what you think of them in the comments below. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will talk to you all again very soon.






2 comments:

  1. Love this post, I really like the look of this, considering getting it for myself as I don't own any Too Faced products. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too Faced do some fantastic products, their eyeshadows really are pigmented and I love their mascaras too. You should definitely invest in some of their products. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...