Monday, 2 February 2015

My Blogging and Social Media Goals for 2015

I am very late to the party with this post, but that is mainly down to the fact, I really was not sure what I wanted to do with my blog and my online side of my life. Last year so many wonderful and amazing opportunities came my way, such as being asked to write about products and going to website launches and meeting up with fellow bloggers and making lots of new friends, that one part of me really wanted to continue and see where my blog could take me this year. But, on the other hand, part of me was aware that my views of my blog had dropped significantly towards the end of last year, plus with feeling that I had to keep spending to buy all the new products on the market, so that I  could keep things fresh and new for my readers. I was finding it hard to keep up with so many blogs to read on Bloglovin, and also computer problems and internet issues, and all this just heaped up my anxiety issues and I began to suffer major panic attacks. Don't get me wrong this wasn't just due to me having these social media problems, but I was having problems at work and at home, and basically I just felt that I could not cope any more.

So, with this New Year and after having talks with family and friends, I have decided that I am going to take a much more relaxed approach to my blog. I think I got caught up in "the numbers and views" and panicked when I thought that no one enjoyed reading what I was writing. So I think for me, I am just going to write what I feel I want to write about and not feel pressured to write every day if I don't feel I want to. I would like to get some more followers for my blog, but if that doesn't happen, then so be it. I am going to do a lot more reviews of products that I already own in my collection and so not have to spend quite so much money on new products all the time.

Social media wise, I am doing quite well, and I really want to improve on this, this coming year. I love Instagram and enjoy posting photos of what I am doing and have gained quite a lot of followers on there. I love seeing other people's photos and commenting on them. Pinterest I adore and I have worked hard on making sure I follow all those kind people that follow me, there really are some amazing pictures on there. I love all the fashion and make up photos on there. Facebook, I barely go on there now, as I have found that people only visit my wall to see if there is any gossip or news to post back to people that I dont really care about any more. With Twitter, it has been one major problem after another. For some unknown reason, my Twitter on my laptop has locked me out and just keeps saying that my password is not valid, and so am unable to get on to use it. I can use it on my phone, but I dread the day that it won't work on my phone,as then I will be totally locked out of Twitter. I wish there was a helpline that you could ring and that someone could sort it for you, but oh well, maybe one day the problem will resolve itself.

I have often thought about maybe trying to make videos for You Tube, but that would require a lot of work. Also, I hate seeing myself on camera, and I am sure that that would come across in the videos. I might see if I can perhaps try to make a short video and then if people seem to like it, I will continue, but if not, then I know at least I have tried.

So, all in all, I just want to be more productive with my blog and try to gain more followers across every social media outlet as that way, I know my blog can only grow and grow. I would like to work with some more companies, and maybe one day, perhaps be financially rewarded for writing a post for them. That would totally be amazing. I would love to be able to write my blog every day and have it be my source of income, but I guess time will tell. I think I need to have a little more technical know how with computers before that can happen. Although I am learning more tips and tricks every day.

I just want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to read my blog, and for supporting me if you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. I really appreciate you all and if you have anything you would like to see me write about on my blog, then please feel free to write it in the comments below and I would love to do that for you.

Love and Hugs



3 comments:

  1. I'm always here right by your side x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you on getting caught up in the views and numbers. I did that around the middle of last year and put so much pressure on myself I had to take myself out of the blogging game for a while. Blogging is such a great thing to do but it can be pretty damaging if you let it.
    I can't wait to see where your blog takes you this year and I hope you end up doing YouTube. I would happily watch your videos!

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Mel, I really appreciate your support and friendship xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...