Saturday, 28 February 2015

My February 2015 Favourites.

This month has truly been a start of a new journey for me, which is solely focusing on my collection and not buying ANYTHING beauty or toiletry wise, and it has been a total success. I have not bought anything for the past month and for anyone that truly knows me they will appreciate how hard that has been, as I am a total shopaholic. To be honest, I have found it quite a release not having to worry about making sure I got the newest and latest products,I also have found it really nice to truly use products that have been not used in months. So this months favourites is all about true products which I have totally enjoyed using over the past 4 weeks.

For years my favourite perfume was Alien by Thierry Mugler, and it still is, but I, last month found Marc Jacob's Daisy in the back of my perfume drawer and decided to try and use it up before the end of the Cinco De Mayo challenge that I am doing and I have totally fallen in love with the scent of it.
It is so light and floral, and smells gorgeous. If you haven't tried it, you really need to, it's beautiful. My next favourite has been the shower gel I have been using which is the Soap and Glory Orangeasm, it smells divine all citrussy and fruity and really wakes you up in the mornings. This shower gel really lathers and foams up well, and you only need a tiny bit on your sponge and flannel. I love that the bottle is so huge too, this has lasted me so long and my little boy loves using it in his showers too.
I always in the past have had showers every day as I had found that I could not take baths as I could not sit in the bath or lie back as the pressure on my bones was just too painful, and then when I went to get out I could not pull myself out and so had to ask somebody to help lift me out. But since being on some new pain medication, I tried having a bath and I so enjoyed it, and so purchased some Radox bath salts to use when I did occasionally have a bath.
Now don't get me wrong I am not lying in the bath for 30 minutes at a time, it is more like 5 -10 minutes as the pain still gets too bad but I have enjoyed the silky feeling of the water when I have used these bath salts. They don't lather up at all, but the water feels like silk and to me feels very soothing and has really helped to relax me in the evenings. It is a product that was really inexpensive too which is helpful on my bank balance. I have really struggled finding a cheek product that I liked this month, I tried using the Tarte blush in Fearless for a couple of weeks, and it was nice but it was so very pigmented that it was almost impossible to get the colour right without looking like a clown. I literally used to gently dip the bristles of the brush into the colour, and almost immediately got too much colour. So this week, I gave up and have put it up for sale on my Ebay account. The next product I tried that I have loved in the past, was my Nars Laguna bronzer and I am enjoying that a lot more than the Tarte blush, so think I will be using this over the next few months.

It truly is a great bronzer and never looks orange just really gives a nice definition to the cheekbones. Last but not least is my powder that I am so enjoying to set my undereye concealer, is the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder.

It is fantastic. It really mattifies your skin, although I will say it can get everywhere as it sometimes can flick off your brush onto your clothes and you have to make sure you blend it in otherewise people can tell you have powder on. It is gorgeous, and will last forever I think. If you have not tried it I really highly recommend it. I hope you have njoyed my February favourites post, let me know in the comments what you have been loving this past month.

Love and hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...