Sunday, 22 February 2015

My Foundation Collection

By doing my make up inventory last week, I found out that I had LOTS of foundations, and I mean lots. In the past, when new foundations have come onto the market I have been right on it, adding to my stash, and not really looking if they were right for my skin type, or whether they had the finish I liked, I just bought it. Stupid and reckless, I know. Even just typing this now, I am shaking my head at myself in disbelief, that I would be that silly and waste my money on foundations that were just useless and I just left them there to gather dust. So today, I decided to get them all out of their little hiding places, and thought I would show  them and discuss whether I like them and whether I will be keeping them or selling them, or giving them to family and friends.
This Mememe Flawless Cream foundation is a really nice foundation and does give a smooth silky finish to the skin, and as the name suggests makes your foundation look flawless and blends out easily.
The Estee Lauder Double Wear is one of my top 3 foundations and I love it. It is also the very first foundation that I am trying to use up in my Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo. It blends out beautifully on the skin and really keeps my skin looking matte which is what I need with my oily/combination skin.
This Make Up Forever foundation is relatively new to my collection and the formulation is beautiful and I love applying it, BUT with this one, I think the colour is slightly too pink for me and I think that is part of the reason why I am not tending to wear it as much as some of my other foundations.

I do not know why I have been continuing to purchase BB Creams, as for me they just do not give me enough coverage. I know they are just a basic tinted moisturiser and that I could just wear them when I am not going anywhere, but with both the Garnier and the L'Oreal they are just too light in texture and hardly give any coverage to my redness around my nose and chin, so these I think will be sold or just go in the rubbish. I have recently come to the conclusion that is better to get rid of things that you are simply never going to get any use out of them, than let them just go bad by sitting in a drawer for months on end.
The Nars Sheer Glow is another foundation which is new to my collection, and I had put off purchasing it for so long due to the fact of it's name "Sheer Glow" and I just felt, that it would be another glorified BB cream, but I was so wrong!! It is beautiful, glides onto the skin, whether using a brush or beauty blender and applies like a dream and really does give great coverage, and lasts really well throughout the day, with just the minimal application of powder perhaps at lunch. I really like this foundation and will definitely be keeping it.
This Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage foundation is amazing. If you want a full coverage foundation then this is one I highly recommend. I like my foundation to be thick and almost cakey like, like you are wearing a full foundation mask almost. I know people will probably be shaking their heads in disapproval, but that is what I like and I cannot help that. I found this foundation to be best applied either with your beauty sponge or your fingers as I have found a with a brush, I cannot get it to blend and buff into the skin well. It is a great foundation though.


As you can see, I have a lot of L'Oreal foundations. I used to have the L'Oreal True Match too (which is fantastic too by the way) but I used that one up. I do love L'Oreal foundations and they are a really nice coverage, especially the Lumi Magique, which is a beautiful finish on the skin. These are all great used with a foundation brush, I am loving the Sigma F80 at the moment, and have been using this brush with my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

I am torally ashamed to say and admit, that I have never even used the Bourjois Happy Light foundation, I have not even swatched it. It is embarrassing to admit that, although I have used the 1,2,3 Perfect foundation and it was nice but nothing special and may give this one away as I am just not drawn to using it at all.
This Kat Von D foundation is basically perfection in a bottle. I totally love it, from the actual full coverage that this foundation gives, to the stunning packaging that it is in. This has to be my no 1 all time favourite and I know tthat when I have used all my other foundations up, this will be one of the ones that I will repurchase. If you have never tried this, you need to as it is amazing.You only need to use a tiny amount as it blends out like a dream but never looks too much.


Max Factor are a cosmetic brand, that you can truly rely on. Their products just never let you down, and are really good for their relatively inexpensive price point. The ageless elixir is gorgeous and is a great staple in anyone's foundation collection. Yet again, I have to hang my head in shame as I have not used the skin luminiser foundation. It does look lovely with the serim swirled into it, so you just know it is going to be great for your skin. The Facefinity is fantastic and this is my second bottle of it, as it just gives great coverage and lasts all day.
This Dior foundation is FANTASTIC. I thought with it being a spray that it was going to be barely there coverage, but it is medium to full coverage, and this bottle has lasted me ages, as you just don't use very much as it blends out so finely. You just spray it onto the brush you are using and then buff away, and it gives such a satin look to your finished look, it truly is beautiful.
*Hangs head in shame again. I purchased this Clinique stay matte foundation a good while ago, at least 18 months and I have not even tried it. Although looking at the colour of the packaging, if that is the colour of the foundation inside, it is going to be way too dark for me, and so that will probably be another foundation I will be selling.

Revlon Colourstay is a brilliant foundation, it gives great full coverage and lasts on the skin for ages without the need for touchups. Which is fantastic if you have very busy days and you do not have time, to redo your makeup halfway through the day. The Age Defying foundation I have only used 3 or 4 times, and I cannot say I was that enthralled with it, so that might be given away too.

If you are struggling to find a foundation that is good and at an affordable price point, Rimmel is the brand to look at. I love the finishes that the foundations give. The Stay Matte is my most used due to the mattifying look it gices to my skin but i also love the Wake Me Up as it really brightens the face and almost goves a lit from within glow, as if you are feeling wide awake, when really you have had a bad night's sleep. Last but not least is the Maybelline's Fit Me.
I love this foundation, but I think the colour is slightly too orange for me, although it was one of the lightest that were available at the shop where I purchased it. It blends out beautifully, when I use it wih my beauty blender, and pretty much lasts all day with just the odd touch up of powder occasionally.

I hope you have enjoyed my foundation collection post, and let me know how many foundations you have in your collection too?

Love and Hugs














3 comments:

  1. OMG I thought I was a foundation junkie: it's so addictive buying though isint, I want to try the tarte one and the clinique one::; and after recommendations im going to buy the

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantecaiile one to

    Laura//Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping is addictive. I think all the foundations I have will last me years. But I am determined not to buy any more until I am down to my last couple. Thankyou for reading and commenting. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...