Thursday, 12 February 2015

#PanthatPalette Challenge And My Attempt At Saving Money.

As you all will know, I am on a strict no buy at the moment, and I am trying to shop my stash rather than buy any new products, as let's face it I will not need to buy make up for at least 3 years, and so I was browsing YouTube looking for inspiration to help me work through my own products more and I came upon the #panthatpalette challenge. The idea is to pick an eyeshadow palette, and use that palette till the end of the year and see how much of the palette you can use up. A lot of people are using the whole entire little pans up, so much so that you can see the mirrored area where the shadow has been sitting on top of. You cannot even have a tiny bit of powder around the edges. So, I thought this was a great idea for me to do with my Lorac Pro palette and to see how I far I could get by the end of December.

Granted, the others who are doing the challenge as well, are a month ahead of me, but hopefully, I can do really well and empty that palette. The bottom right shade "Slate" arrived all smashed up when the palette was posted to me, so I gues I only have 15 little pans to empty instead of the 16 I should have. I am going to try and do Get Ready With Me posts to, showing the different shadows I have used and the different effects you can make. So far, I have only been doing the challenge a little over a week, and no pan is showing at all yet. But on the 4th of every month I will be writing a blog post, talking about how I am getting on with only using the one palette and if I am making any progress at hitting those ever elusive pans. I have been using all the same products for the last week in the hope that I can get some really good use out of them, rather than swapping and changing items, and then them going bad, before I have really had a chance to use them properly.

Now, onto the saving money part. In the past you will know I have been terrible at saving money, and I am making a vow that this is going to change. I have cleared off one debt this week, and I have 3 more to go, and so what I am going to do is this. Every month I am going to tally up the price of every empty product I have used up and put that money back into paying off a debt, rather than repurchasing something. I think it will take me a good 3 years to clear my bills, but determined I am and I AM going to succeed at this. If you have read my Makeup Inventory post, you will see how big my beauty collection is and so with every single thing that gets used up that money is going straight back into the bank, and not wasted in any way.

Ebay is another facility that I am trying to use, in getting rid of things that I just do not use anymore. So far, I have listed 4 things and no bids so far, but never mind, hopefully something will sell soon. Another thing I have done to try and save is to cancel my fortnightly Graze box and my monthly subscription Glossybox. I just found that although I recieved some really nice things, they were just ending up sitting in my chest of drawers gathering dust, and never really being put to any use. So, just by cancelling those 2 little things I have saved myself approximately £20 a month which could be put to far better use in my bank account.

So, what do you think? Do you think I will manage to pay off my debts, and #panthatpalette. Let me know if you are doing something similar, or if you are on a no buy too, and what tips you may have to help me out. I really appreciate all your support and comments, and thankyou for taking the time to read this post.

Love and Hugs

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I would never be able to do it, but it's such a cool idea! :) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great idea, and I am really enjoying using the palette so far. I have managed 2 weeks with not buying make up and beauty items, so going well so far. Thankyou for reading and commenting. xx

      Delete
  2. I need to sort my spending out too. I sometimes tell myself I'm going to not spend any money, but then I want something and just buy it! The pan challenge sounds great though.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has took a really long time, for me to realise that I need to reign in my spending. With every day that goes past, I feel stronger and more positive that I can do this. You should definitely do this challenge. xx Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a great idea! Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I am going to try and go as long as I can with no spending. Two weeks so far :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your palette. It's been really fun for me so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou. I have found it fun trying out different colour combinations x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...