Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Review: Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

For me, Redken have always been one of those "high end" shampoo ranges, that you hear of, but you can't really afford on a day to day basis. Especially for me now, as I am trying to be better at not spending. I was very lucky to receive this set from my sister for Christmas and so this really excited  me and I could not wait to start using them. This set is specifically for dull, damaged hair, which is definitely my hair, due to all the medication I am on, and the amount of heat I am constantly  adding when I am straightening my hair. It contains oils which are supposed to add diamond like shine and make your hair look glossy and silky. It contains IPN  which stands for interlock protein network. In the shampoo you get 250 mls of product and in the conditioner you get 300mls of product, which for me makes no sense as you use more shampoo than conditioner, but hey ho, you live and learn.

Now onto the review, this shampoo and conditioner were very nice,and lathered up beautifully and it did feel as if I was using higher end products. They did have quite strong fragrances and so if you are sensitive to fragrance, you probably would be better off with a different product. Once the shampoo and conditioner was rinsed off though, I did not feel that they gave my hair any difference in the feel and look, as a high street branded product would. The conditioner did not leave my hair tangle free, although it did not state that it would, so perhaps that is a wrong point to prove but, I always struggle with detangling my hair before styling and I thought a high end product may detangle a lot more, but it did not. The only real negative is that the bottles (again, please listen up shampoo makers) are too hard to squeeze the products out of, especially for someone who struggles with arthritis in their hands. It was fine until I got about 3/4 of the way down the bottles and then BAM!! It was like the bottle was concrete and no more would come out. I have shook the bottles, I have left them turned upside down for the day and still no joy. Which is a real shame, because I could have used the products for longer. They did last approximately a month, being used every day, so that is not bad really.

Overall, I really enjoyed using the products, but for me, they did not give me the WOW factor, like I was expecting them to do. I hope that you have found this review helpful and informative, if you have used these products before, please leave me your thoughts on them in the comments below, I would love to know how they performed for you.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. I heard about Redken and their great hair stuff, I'll definitely have to try stuff from the brand they sound awesome!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a really good brand, and their hair care is definitely well loved. Thankyou for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...