Saturday, 7 February 2015

What's New At The Drugstore?

Today, I thought I would talk about some products that I purchased last week, that have only recently come onto the market and are brand new to the drugstore. This will be the last post like this, as in my last blog post I spoke to you about trying to go on a no buy and so do not need to be purchasing anything for a good long time. I will say that last month a lot of brands had some new products launched and they look really nice. One of these, which was a total surprise to me was Aussie.

Aussie make notoriously good hair care products, and I have often used them in the past, but this month they have come out with a range of body washes. They smell absolutely amazing just like the shampoos and conditioners, and I cannot wait to try them. At my drugstore they were on offer for 2 for £6 which is a great deal, as the bottles are huge and will last me ages.Rimmel, have launched a new Lasting Finsh primer to go along with their tried and trusted Lasting Finish foundation and then a matching powder. I think the primer and the powder are a fantastic idea as they just help you to get the most out of your foundation look. I really enjoy using the Lasting Finish foundation, and so hopefully the primer and powder will be just as good, and really help to keep your makeup last all day. It says on the primer, that it will help you keep your foundation in place for an extra 8 hours, so we will have to see if it lives up to that claim.

Some blushes that have newly been released and  look fantastic are the Max Factor Creme Puff blushes. These are supposed to be dupes for the Hourglass ambient lighting blushes, where you get the blush shade and then swirled into the blush is some of their face powder and this is supposed to be the same with these Max Factor ones. In the past I have not really been that impressed with Max Factor and their blushes, but these ones look truly beautiful. As they were on a 3 for 2 offer on the Boots website, I took advantage of the offer and purchased 3 of them.








I think they all look really pretty and can't wait to get started and try wearing these different shades and see if they are as good as the Hourglass Ambient lighting blushes. Maybelline, are another brand which have gone new product crazy, there is the Maybelline Lash Sensation mascara, that has been launched and has one of those curved brushes at the end of the wand.

I normally love Maybelline mascaras and so hopefully this one will be just as good. They have launched a new Dream Flawless Nude foundation, I was sceptical about this foundation as on first impressions it seems to liquidy and too much like the L'Oreal Nude Eau De Teint foundation which I just could not get to work for me. It just seemed to not have any coverage at all. But I will give it a good test for you over the next month and let you know what I think about it.
So those are the new products that I found at my drugstore this past month. As I said this will be my last haul for a good long time, until I can get the products in my stash right down, as I think I am just drowning in beauty products and it just makes no sense to just keep buying and buying and never really using them, and so then they are just sitting there, and going bad.I really hope you have enjoyed this post, and let me know if you want a really in depth review of any of the products mentioned and I will be happy to do that for you.

Love and Hugs





2 comments:

  1. I saw those Aussie body washes the other day and I am so intrigued by them! I love their haircare so I should probably try them!
    I just bought the new Maybelline mascara too, hoping it's good!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will love the body washes. I tried the mascara this morning and it is brilliant. xx Thankyou for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...