Wednesday, 18 March 2015

My Fall Off The "No Buy" Wagon

Yes, I am hanging my head in shame. I should not have purchased these, as I am supposed to be saving my money and working to pay off bills. I did just want the Lush things but then I went onto Ebay and all the rest is history. I lasted with my no spend 7 weeks which in itself is a big thing for me, and I feel quite proud that I managed that long as I am a true shopaholic. I love Lush and really wanted to try their newer products and so when I saw the Hoppity Poppity
I just knew that I had to have it. Look at that little face! It contains Popping Candy, Violet Leaf and Lavender so this will really help me to relax after a stressful day. Then, Bubblegrub popped up and I weakened and added him to my order too.

I must say, when I opened the box, the strong Lush scent was quite overpowering and so hopefully they will make the whole house smell lovely once used. Another item I purchased was a lipstick from Mac's newest Cinderella collection called Royal Ball. I love everything Disney and mac and so this purchase was a no brainer for me. The packaging is stunning. It is pale blue, with gold writing on it, but when you turn the packaging to the light flashes, of pink and purple run through it. Gorgeous, truly. I have ordered the eyeshadow palette from this collection too, and so in a few posts time, I will be talking about it and what the pigmentation is like.
I got the lipstick in the shade "Royal Ball" which is a pale peachy pink shade, and just perfect for everyday wear to work. YouTube is a must for me, and I watch it like other people watch the TV, one of the lovely YouTubers who I love to watch is LisaLisaD1 who always has beautiful make up and clothes and when she showed the gorgeous Burberry eyeshadow quad #02Mocha, I just knew that I had to own it. The colours in this quad are gorgeous wearable shades, and I just love the little velvet pouch that comes with it.
Everyone and their dog has been talking about the new Benefit Rollerlash mascara, I tried to get it with the Elle magazine, as it was a freebie last month, but unfortunately, I missed out and so I had to purchase mine off Ebay and I am very excited to try it out over the next few weeks.

Then last of all I ordered the Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Creme, which I have heard lots of people saying how gorgeous it smelt, and so you know me, I have to try it, and can I just say that they were not wrong. It smells AMAZING. With this product, the lovely seller, even sent a free Bobbi Brown lip gloss,which is gorgeous, a little light for me, but will look lovely when worn over a colour that is maybe a little too dark. They are both really gorgeous products.



So, now you have seen how badly I fell off the wagon. I have come to realise, that I just have to buy something occasionally. Not in the amounts that I was doing, just select products that I really want and have thought about them for a few weeks, before purchasing them. I hope you have enjoyed this post, and let me know if you have been successful on a no buy, or if you are a shopaholic like me.

Love and Hugs





4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is a pretty haul!! :D x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jadirah, they are really lovely products xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did pretty well 7 weeks is a long time to not spend for:) I love the Burberry eyeshadow palette that looks so pretty and I love the laura mercier body cream to you put it on the night before and you still smell of it in the morning so nice

    Laura (Libertylovesmakeup.com) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so delicious smelling. I love it, and is a definite repurchase for me. Thankyou for reading and commenting xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...