Sunday, 19 April 2015

10 Fab products that are £10 or under

Lately, I have been really into purchasing higher end products for some reason. I tend to go in swings and roundabouts. For a few weeks I will be in love with drugstore products and then for the next few weeks I will love the more expensive products. Well, over the last few days, drugstore make up has been my go to look, and I thought I would highlight some of the best products you can buy for under £10 each. First up is a foundation that is fantastic if you like a matte look to your skin, and that is the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.


This is priced at £7.69 and is a really good foundation. I tend to apply this with my fingers and it is quite a thick formula, but really gives a lovely look to my skin. I love that I dont need to apply a powder after this product, and feels like velvet when applying it to your skin. An eyeshadow base that I think is great and can be worn as a base or as an eyeshadow in it's own right are the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. These are fantastic and come in lots of lovely shades, taupe, gold, pink, blue, burgundy, green, just to name a few.

This is such a pretty Pink Gold shade, and I wear it a lot, it retails for £4.99 and I really believe that these are definitely on par with the higher end versions and so you don't need to pay the exorbitant prices for eyeshadow bases when Maybelline do fantastic products for a fraction of the cost. A cosmetic brand which I think deserves a lot more attention than it gets is Sleek. Their eyeshadow palettes are fantastic and the colours are so pigmented, that  for £6.49 and you get 12 colours in each palette, that you can get lots of different eyeshadow looks for just a little cost.

I love black eyeliners, especially eyeliner pencils that give me the thick, jet black look of a gel eyeliner and this liner from Barry M, gives me a fantastic dark eye line and is such a good product for £4.41, that it rivals the Urban Decay Zero or Perversion eyeliners.
I have to have a good concealer, as the dark shadows under my eyes just look awful at the moment, and one I have been loving lately has been the Maybelline Dream Lumi radiant concealer pen.
It has a brush tip, and you have to twist the top to get the cream to dispense out of the brush. I pat a few drops onto my dark circles and then blend into my skin with my fingertips. I then brush a little bit of powder over the top of it, just to set it and reduce the chances of it sinking into my fine lines and wrinkles. It retails for £6.99 which is a great price. Mascara, I tend to prefer drugstore anyway and yet again Maybelline have done it again with another fantastic mascara, first they had, the Rocket, which is a great mascara and now with the Lash Sensational mascara. It has a curved wand, which really grabs the lashes and makes them look lengthened and voluminous all at the same time.
At £7.99 I highly recommend you giving this a try, if you haven't already. It is a really good product. Body Lotions , I am constantly changing, and swapping them around as I sometimes get bored with the same scent all the time, but one that has been a staple in my collection for a long time, and I am always buying back ups of is the Soap and Glory Righteous Butter
This is bang on the £10 mark, and is the most expensive product out of the 10 things that I have chosen, but it is truly worth the money and will last forever as it is such a huge pot,it will last you a good long time. It really leaves your skin feeling soft and really moisturised as it contains shea butter and smells delicious. I love nail polishes and don't tend to buy high end ones as you can probably get some really good dupes for them in the drugstore. Essie is a nail polish brand that I love and I have MANY of their colours, as I find their formula is great and really good for the price of £7.99
I have recently been very tempted to purchase the loose powder from Chanel as it is raved about on YouTube and I thought to myself I would get it. But, when I looked into the price of £50!!!! for a pot, I thought it was a little extortionate and will stick to my drugstore pressed powders instead. A good one, I have been enjoying using lately is the Boujois Healthy Balance powder. It comes in a little compact, and I just use it with a make up sponge, that you van get at most chemists/drugstores and it really keeps my skin looking flawless during my working day. I purchased this for the retail price of £8.99, which I don't think is too bad for a good mattifying product.

Last but not least is blush. I do love my high end blushes, and until recenly had not found any good drugstore ones that I used regularly. Max Factor have recently launched their Creme Puff blushes, which I think are a good dupe for the high end Hourglass blushes as they have both their powder and blush in the one product. I was under the impression that the Max Factor ones weren't going to live up to my expectations but how wrong could I be!!!. They are fantastic with their pigmentation and their staying power. I love them and just keep using them all the time, and I have been raving about them to all my customers. At £8.99 each, you cannot go wrong.


There are plenty more fantastic products for under £10 also, but these were just a few of my favourites. If you would like me to, I could do a series of posts like these for newer products under £10, so if you want me to do this, just let me know in the comments. I hope you have enjoyed this post, and will talk to you again soon.

Until next time,








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...