Tuesday, 7 April 2015

An Urban Decay Moondust Haul

When I recieved an email from Urban Decay last week, saying that there was a special offer that if you spent a certain amount, you would get a free mini lipstick, a free setting spray and a free eyeliner, I just had to take advantage, especially as I did not own any of the colours listed. So straight away I hopped online and treated myself to 3 of the new moondust shadows and the palette where you can just pop in your shadows and you have your very own customisable palette. The delivery was super quick too, I ordered them on the 1st April and my goodies were delivered on the 4th, so 3 days is amazing customer service. So, lets get on with taking a more detailed look at the products I purchased.

 I love the pattern on the lid of these palettes, and the way that the shadows can be easily popped in and out when ever you want to. They are so easy to use. This is great for travelling as the palette is made of metal and so won't get easily damaged in your bag/suitcase. Now onto the piece de resistance!! The eyeshadows!! If you have not tried these Urban Decay moondust shadows, YOU NEED TO!!! They are seriously the most beautiful eyeshadows that I have come across, the pigmentation and the duochrome in the colour is second to none. Here are the three that I purchased.

 Solstice is seriously, a beautiful shadow, in some lights it looks a rose pink colour and then in other lights it goes a beautiful blue/grey shade, then sometimes has a pretty purple shimmer to it. It is gorgeous and probably one of my most favourite shadows in my whole collection.You can see the blue shimmers in the swatch above.


Now Cosmic is a very frosty glittery shade, so if you don't like glitter you will want to stay away from this shade as, on first impression it can be a little too much, but I blended it, and it looks beautiful, a real hint of shimmer once the initial whiteness is blended. I intend to use this over another shadow as a sort of top coat just to give it a little something interesting. Or I may just use it swept straight across the whole eyelid, and then blended so I just get a little sparkle on the lid, with thick liner and lashings and lashings of mascara.


Zodiac is another of my absolute faves, and in my opinion is a pressed version of Mac's Blue Brown pigment or the bottom right shade of the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette. It is stunning.When you first look at it, you think it is black with blue glitters running through it, but then when it hits the light it looks a dark green shade with green glitters in it, and then when swatched it seems a dark brown shadow with blue glitters in it. It is such a unique shade and will look amazing whether worn as a daytime or an evening look and I cannot wait to start wearing all of these shadows. Now onto the free gifts that I recieved.
I am running short of my beloved Mac Fix Plus, so when I saw a setting spray was included, this pleased me, and so I will be able to see how this compares to the Mac one. The lipstick is stunning and so cute and dinky, that it is perfect for throwing in my handbag for touch ups whilst at work or out and about running errands.


It is such a beautiful vibrant pink with just a hint of blue in it, I love the shade and is great for travelling with too. It is very easy to apply, and does not drag at all, and feels very moisturising. The last freebie I recieved with my order is the 24/7 eye pencil in LSD, a really pretty dark blue. I know you probably won't believe me when I tell you this, that I don't own a dark blue liner in my whole collection and so this will help bring me out of my comfort zone, as normally I only like to wear either black liner or a nude liner in my water line.


Such a unique shade? Well, that was my haul. I know I am supposed to be on a no buy/low buy but when these deals keep flooding into my inbox, what's a girl to do?? Lol, anyways, I hope you have enjoyed this post, and I totally recommend you trying these moondust shadows out if you haven't already, they are fantastic.

Till next time,


2 comments:

  1. These look lovely Zoe :) really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous. You should definitely get some xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...