Monday, 13 April 2015

Book Review: The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins

I love reading, and always have done. Ever since I was a little girl where most of the time you would have found me with my nose stuck in a book. I loved finding out about different characters or different adventures and my imagination just ran riot. Even now, I love the way a book can take you away from problems in your own daily life, and you go on a journey with all the characters, you almost end up feeling like you are right there with them in the story line. I love reading all different genres of books, romance, biographies, history books, but just lately I have been loving a good thriller.

Lately though, although I have been reading steadily, none of the books have caught my imagination like "The Girl On The Train". Right from the beginning I was on that train with Rachel, and the storyline totally gripped me and I had to tear myself away to carry on with my daily duties, but even whilst at work, I found myself wondering where the plot was going to go. This book is a thriller, that grabbed my attention right from the start, as I could relate to the main characters marriage break up and although totally different to my situation, I could feel the pain and anguish that Rachel was going through.The plotline just kept you at the edge of your seat, and you kept switching how you felt about the 3 main female characters. One minute I felt sad, then I felt so mad, that I just wanted to scream at my Kindle, I could not press the page turner button quick enough.

The author wrote this book with such skill and such detail that it was just a great easy read and it was a total rollercoaster ride from start to finish. The book dealt with alcoholism, divorce and other such topics that affect people from every way of life, but was written with great empathy, and detail that your emotions were swung this way and that. You never knew how the book was going to end and it was a fantastic ending when it did finally arrive. I loved this book and totally recommend it to anyone looking for a great book to read.

I hope you enjoyed this book review and if you have any books that you think I should read, please leave your recommendations in the comments below.

Love and Hugs

2 comments:

  1. One of my best friends was telling me about this book last month and said it was really good! I really want to read it myself.

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fantastic book, definitely a must read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...