Sunday, 12 April 2015

My Beauty Finds This Week - w/c 7/4/2015

Sometimes, the hauling bug just grabs a hold of you and won't let go. This is what has happened to me lately. Even though with all my pledges of being good and restricting my spending, the shopaholic in me has taken over and won't let go. Simply put, I love make up and I love shopping and while new products come out on the market, then I have to go and have a look, not necessarily buy them straight away, but just see what they are like.

As you know Make Up Geek, have some of my most favourite products ever and I love their blush range, just simply beautiful, and so I knew I just had to purchase the 4 new eyeshadow colours that have been launched. Wisteria, a beautiful purple shade, I had to wear the day after I recieved it, and oh my word it is beautiful. Such a creamy shadow to apply, even though it is a powder product, and the shade although it might look a little daunting in the pan, is just stunning.


Poppy is a really pretty coral/orange shade and although I am not brave enough to wear this as a stand alone colour all across the lid, I will be using just a little of this colour into the crease just to give a hint of warmth to any cool/neutral eye look that needs just a touch of something to bring the warmth back into the look. Although I have not tried it as of yet, it may even be pretty worn as a blush on the apples of your cheeks, I should imagine though, you would need a very gentle touch when getting the colour onto your brush, as the shadow is so very pigmented.


Rapunzel is a pretty shade, a creamy light yellow tone, and although pretty I am not sure if this colour will work on my skin tone. Let's just say this maybe a fail, as it did not wow me as much as the other shades instantly did. I thought I might be able to get it to work as a brow bone highlight but I think it is just a tad too yellow, but we will see.


High Tea is a beautiful shade, and one of the most wearble out of the four. It is a taupe with a hint of khaki green to it, which I think will really suit my eye colouring. In the pan, it looked a very nice shade, but I was much more impressed when I saw it swatched on my hand.


Now, onto a product from a brand, that I had not been too aware of. I had watched quite a few videos on You Tube, where vloggers had been raving about a primer from the brand Murad, so I thought why not give it a try.I am always on the lookout for a good primer as it really helps your foundation glide onto the skin smoother, and help to keep it there for longer.
It has a matte finish which I know I will love, as I hate shine in a product unless it is high on my cheekbones. I have such oily skin that I need products that really mattify, especially on my T Zone.

Mac, Mac, Mac what are you doing to my bank balance? I just cant help it, everytime I see people talk about their products I have to have them, especially if they are from any of the Limited Edition Collections.


I had to get this powder. MSF's are just really good value for your money as they will last FOREVER as there is just so much product in the pan. As I said earlier, I am on a mattifying kick for my skin, and hopefully this powder will help me achieve the look I am wanting. Two lipsticks were on my wishlist last week, and I managed to get them after going to 2 different Mac stores. One lipstick is the most coveted Boca lipstick from the Julia Petit line.

It is a gorgeous satin finish in a pretty light pink colour. Such a wearable everyday colour. I love it when the colours are great for work wear, as sometimes the limited edition colours can be a little out there on the colour spectrum. The other lipstick i wanted was Honey Love.

It is a matte nude, but is pretty. Although since purchasing it, I have found I have lots of dupes for it. D'OH!!!! Never mind, it is now in my collection and I will definitely be getting my usage out of it.

So, that was my shopping goodies from last week, let me know in the comments what you have purchased recently, and what I need to add to my collection.

Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...