Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Review: The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil

I am really making a determined effort this year to take better care of my skin, especially when it comes to make up removal. All too often in the past I have just been so tired and worn out at the end of the day, all I want to do is fall into bed. But, I made a resolution this past January that laziness was coming to an end as my skin was just not looking it's best and I wanted to improve not only the look but the feel of my skin too.

So I have been buying lots of different types of cleansers, oils, foaming gels,and yes, you guessed it facial wipes to try and help me figure out what my skin likes and what I prefer to use of a nighttime for my cleansing routine. I know a lot of people won't even use facial wipes to clean their skin, but for me, as long as all my make up is removed and I don't see the harm of using them occasionally when a full on skincare routine is just going to take too long.

Today I thought I would share with you my thoughts on The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil. Now, a couple of years ago, you would have seen me point blank refusing to use an oil, on my already oily skin, thinking it would just make my shininess even worse and so I stiuck to the wipes or a foaming cleanser that had no oil included in it's ingredients. But lately, I was intrigued to see how this would work on my skin and so I gave it a go, and I have to say I am quite impressed. For 200mls of product it costs £10.00 which is fantastic value for money as it will last such a long time. It is for every skin type, and is very silky feeling but not too greasy. I have been using the bottle for 2 weeks and hardly any of it has gone.
It comes with a pump dispenser so that you never get too much. I always wet my face first with warm water, pump a little into my hand, massage the oil together between the palms of my hands, and then spread over my face rubbing gently in circular motions. I pay particular attention to the sides of my nose, and chin as that is where I tend to get the odd break out. I do find though that if I am wearing a lot of heavy liner and mascara, I do have to do the cleansing twice, as sometimes it doesn't always remove it at the first attempt. It is a very gentle cleanser and does not aggravate my rosacea which I have at the sides of my nose and can be quite pronounced with some other cleansers I have tried in the past.

I love that the make up comes off very easily with this oil, sometimes I use a muslin cloth with the water to remove the oil, and I don't feel that I have to scrub at my skin to remove it, it is really gentle and quite soothing. The camomile fragrance is beautiful, and really makes you feel like you are using a very high end luxurious product when in fact it is a high end product but with a drugstore price point.

I really recommend this cleansing oil, especially if you are a sceptic about facial oils like I was. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I hope you have enjoyed this review, and let me know in the comments which cleansers you use.

Till next time,


4 comments:

  1. I am currently using this and don't think that I will use anything else for a while. I love it so much and it is so easy to use. The pump is a god send and it takes off all the makeup with no problems. All that for the £10 mark too...great :)

    Pams Stuff and Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really great product, so silky feeling. x

      Delete
  2. I used to be wary of using oils on my oily, acne prone skin until I learned that the right oils can actually heal my skin issues as well as balance and control oil production. It's the harsh ingredients in most cleansers and skin care products (such as SLS) that strip the skin's natural oils, causing dryness, which in turn prompts the skin to produce more oil..whew! Now, I can't imagine life without oils for my skin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just shows that we all need to try things first, before making the wrong assumption about products. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...